Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Shakespeare = Caesar's Assasination = Beware the Ides of March = American Werewolf in London.

It's been 12 years since I took Latin, but I've reaquainted myself.

Before the Julian Calendar, March was the first month of the year. The Romans marked days based on specific points of the month. Nones, Ides, Kalends.

The Ides of March would have traditionally been the first full moon of the year.

Full Disclosure of spec process.

Shakespeare was guessed before I got to see the part 1 of clue 3.

Shakespeare + Tu = Et tu, Brute? Act III - verify memory is right, and Act III includes line.

Shakespeare, Caesar, Shakespeare, Caesar. Specifically Caesar's Assasination. Beware the Ides of March stems from Caesar's Assasination. Hmmm, Ides, Ides....Nones, Ides...What was the third one? Romans used a lunar calendar. So, lunar, lunar....Verify memory is correct, ok yes lunar and it was Kalends. Ok lunar, full moon, Ides were the full moon...werewolves, AWIL!!!

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Julius Ceasar did say "Cry "Havoc" and let slip the dogs of war."

That's a possibility, but where would that leave us with the first clue?

The first clue was a world map with a clock hands showing 5 minutes until midnight. This is an obvious reference to the doomsday clock.

The doomsday clock would seem to imply nuclear war or just war. So HAVOC.

Unless there is some other interpretation to the very first clue.

That's a possibility, but where would that leave us with the first clue?

The first clue was a world map with a clock hands showing 5 minutes until midnight. This is an obvious reference to the doomsday clock.

The doomsday clock would seem to imply nuclear war or just war. So HAVOC.

Unless there is some other interpretation to the very first clue.

Maybe it wasn't a clue?

Maybe it was just a warning.

and there you go... you've just connected HAVOC 2.0 ....as well as AWIL...

There's some good evidence pointing to La Llorona, but i don't get why they wouldn't just do a Mama house instead. It would attract way more people. If it is La Llorona, it looked great the past 2 years in Hollywood so im sure it'd be great hear. Though, i did say the same thing about AC and look what we got last year....

You're young Peter so of course you dont get why they wouldn't do Mama (god that sentence sounded less sexual in my head)... but see here's the thing, it really would NOT attract way more people. Nor would they advertise the house. It would most likely be treated the same way that Dead Silence (2007), Doomsday (2008), & The THING (2011) were handled... they weren't promoted like Freddy/Jason/Leatherface were in 2007 or SAW/Chucky/Wolfman in 2009... they were just there. Sure they had a little teaser for the movie on the website, but nothing more..

You tend to forget, we've done the whole urban legend thing before... so La Llorona should be fairly simple for them, not to mention it would allow for more creative freedom than a movie house would.

As for AC last year, you forget that Murdy is an uber-fan of AC, so of course their AC houses are going to be better than what we got.

Maybe it wasn't a clue?

Maybe it was just a warning.

That's also possible, but then if it is Havoc, Im stuck with this:

So the Ifrit decided to steal Emeric's 2010 clue to Havoc?

Ok. I'm gonna stick with my AWIL theory for now, give the Ifrit the benefit of the doubt here, and assume he wouldn't resort to clues from years past.

Who knows. Maybe they weren't following HHN in 2010 and don't know who Emeric is.

And Chris:

Balloons = AWiL (given), CitW (clown), Havoc (bald heads), AC (gluttony from WtH), La Llorona (children), American Horror Story (Rubber Man), Catacombs (town festival), Bloodengutz (holiday party), Nightingales (angioplasty=medical)...

Surname and Kevin could literally be anything as well.

By your logic, Jimmy doesn't know anything and is just saying words. The Ifrit could be a hack (and likely is one), but that La Llorona series has at least piqued my interests. It's seems insanely specific; more so than Jimmy's stuff.

I really hope the Ifrit is wrong... But what else should we do? Just listen to what you've posted and wait for the daily photo updates of a net blocking the view of Disaster's queue?

• Like 1

You're young Peter so of course you dont get why they wouldn't do Mama (god that sentence sounded less sexual in my head)... but see here's the thing, it really would NOT attract way more people. Nor would they advertise the house. It would most likely be treated the same way that Dead Silence (2007), Doomsday (2008), & The THING (2011) were handled... they weren't promoted like Freddy/Jason/Leatherface were in 2007 or SAW/Chucky/Wolfman in 2009... they were just there. Sure they had a little teaser for the movie on the website, but nothing more..

But Doomsday and Dead Silence both made >$20 million domestically while Mama made over $70 million. It was a LOT more successful and Uni already said they're wanting to make it into a franchise. And they did announce THING in 2011 in July before the rest of the event with Hollywood the way they announced the IPs last year. It'd probably have more of a draw than P&T and AC did, since not many people have heard of P&T (the younger crowd at least. Everyone i know never heard of them until i told them about the house). Sure, it wouldn't draw in people like TWD or RE would, but i think it'd be as much a draw as CiTW.

But Doomsday and Dead Silence both made >$20 million domestically while Mama made over $70 million. It was a LOT more successful and Uni already said they're wanting to make it into a franchise. And they did announce THING in 2011 in July before the rest of the event with Hollywood the way they announced the IPs last year.

Peter... Doomsday was a flop. It was an awful movie & an awful house... also, movies cost less to go see in theaters 6 years ago than they do now.. it was basically swept under the rug. The house was basically created to generate dvd/bluray sales... nothing more.

As for Dead Silence... it had a very very short theatrical run.. we're talking roughly only 20 days in quite a few theaters. So this was another way to promote the film for dvd sales. Unlike Doomsday however, Dead Silence actually made a kickass house with some decent scares (not to mention utilized the now infamous mirror floor gimmick)..

As for The THING.... you misinterpreted what I said and once again failed to understand. The THING was announced prior to the event, just like Dead Silence was in 2007, BUT it was not a main feature when it came to the event itself. It was just there. Instead of promoting dvd/bluray, they had the house to promote the new movie. Still the same "oh they have this house based on this movie" just like the previous years...

As for Mama... The only reason why they want to do a sequel (or "franchise" :rolleyes: ) is because they're greedy. Not because its an unfinished story with a cliffhanger... (well there was a cliff). And for the record, their conversations regarding making a sequel(s) is still in early stages. Its not a definite thing, only being considered. Mama isnt like the big names of horror... As I've said before, if they use the movie.. it'll be treated just like the others (DS, Doomsday, THING)... not a marketing tool, just a house that is at the event only to interest people into buying the movie (box office sales don't matter, nor does the movie being good/bad).

Who knows. Maybe they weren't following HHN in 2010 and don't know who Emeric is.

Plausible deniability? I just gave him/her an out. He/she can use it or not.

I will not go as far as accusing plagiarism. But the fact remains, when giving clues to an existing franchise, the giver is behooved to know the past.

• Like 2

I inverted the colors on theifrit's new photo:

7d4d2adea92611e2a1c622000a1fbcae_7.png

...and it looks like there are letters in the background. Can anybody with really good eyes make anything out?

...and it looks like there are letters in the background. Can anybody with really good eyes make anything out?

I see ATE near the top. PL and DO under Clue Number Tu.

It kinda looks like impressions left from previous notes on a note pad. There are several groups of letters, some more defined than others. They also overlap.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

That may be a three in the top right? 3. Maybe. Not sure what that means.

Before we go too far down this rabbit hole, it's very possible you're seeing artifacts of the Ifrit's shopping list, or "Things to do" from earlier. I wouldn't put too much stock in these extra characters.

This just made me laugh harder than it probably should have, but I just got a great mental image of the Ifrit (in demon form) writing his/her shopping list and then moving on to teasing all of us with clues. Fantastic.

Speculation this year seems to be just "Name any IP! You might be right!" This is frustrating to me and making it hard for me to enjoy this early part of the process. Sadly, I fear the event really will be a repeat of the IP-fest of last year. If a La Llorona (or however you spell that) house is really happening, do we think she'll be the icon? I feel like our local fanbase would be pretty pissed about receiving a recycled icon from Hollywood, but I wouldn't put it past the powers that be of marketing to force it upon A&D. Thoughts?

• Like 5

This just made me laugh harder than it probably should have, but I just got a great mental image of the Ifrit (in demon form) writing his/her shopping list and then moving on to teasing all of us with clues. Fantastic.

Speculation this year seems to be just "Name any IP! You might be right!" This is frustrating to me and making it hard for me to enjoy this early part of the process. Sadly, I fear the event really will be a repeat of the IP-fest of last year. If a La Llorona (or however you spell that) house is really happening, do we think she'll be the icon? I feel like our local fanbase would be pretty pissed about receiving a recycled icon from Hollywood, but I wouldn't put it past the powers that be of marketing to force it upon A&D. Thoughts?

IF we get La Llorona, my guess is that she would not be so much an Icon but possibly more likely a "primary marketing image" the way the zombies from The Walking Dead were last year.

• Like 1

These are my guess' for the 3 cryptic comments so far...

1. Balloons = American werewolf in London...Why? Because "A naked American man stole my BALLOONS."

2. Kevin = RIPD...Why? Because KEVIN Bacon plays Bobby Hayes in the movie.

3. Surname = Psycho/Norman Bates related...Why? Because a surname usually is a persons last name..and that means Bates is Normans surname.

Ifrit's next post

3944baceaac911e2b65722000a1fb376_7.jpg

"Aren't you glad that there's not eight Clues in this Line-up to contemplate?"

Alluding to having more than 8 houses? Idk. Need to think this through, but obviously the numbers one through nine are being spelled out phonetically, the way police and other professionals who communicate numbers via radio transmitters say numbers. Again, this might be an R.I.P.D. reference.

EDIT: this might also be a general military reference, considering it's a military alphabet (HAVOC, dogs of war, etc.)

EDIT 2: I believe this is the site this list is coming from: http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/communications/phonetic-numerals-military.shtml

(I'm nothing if not thorough :P) This definitely confirms the military aspect

Edited by justchristy

Alluding to having more than 8 houses? Idk. Need to think this through, but obviously the numbers one through nine are being spelled out phonetically, the way police and other professionals who communicate numbers via radio transmitters say numbers. Again, this might be an R.I.P.D. reference.

It has to be just Military Im a cop and never use this Phonetic number system