Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

You might be right.

An American Patriarch (American Dad) reveals the clue when the Principle yells. He yells "Shakespeare, b*tches!"

I couldn't find what he yelled, thank you for picking up my slack ;) So, next clue is possibly Shakespeare or Alice Cooper...very interesting

Edited by phinfan91

I have yet to hear anything about AC returning... from what I understand it would be some other Hollywood transplant. Mostly pointing to La Llorona... but i'd welcome AC back (to hell)..

Of course, as i've mentioned before, I'd personally prefer a pre-hiatus house rather than something from the past 7 years.

I think the "Shakespeare!" clue seems like more of a clue. I mean Shakespeare could just mean that it's a literary house (like the Lovecraft house I'd fly over to see) or that it has something to do with one of his plays. Which could be suicide/witches/revenge/poisoning etc.etc. he wrote about a lot of stuff. Maybe Shakespeare relates to "The Scottish Play"=Cursed production=Exorcist/Poltergeist/The Omen?

Having a pretty direct reference to Cooper is a bit on the nose. Also, Skinner wasn't yelling. It was a pretty casual singing tone.

I have finally gotten the evil to sleep. It only took 6 hrs. He takes "Sleep is for the weak" way too seriously. 10 mos = you need to nap.

Anyways, Shakespeare. Well, we'll either get more clues to point us to the proper play, or we will be scrambling to figure out which of his many works this refers to.

Hit post too soon.

Titus starring Anthony Hopkins came out in 1999. It is an adaptation of Titus Andronicus.

Titus Andronicus is a very graphic, violent play.

It involves rape, cannabalism, mutilation, and fillicide.

If we are questioning whether La Llorona is acceptable, do you really think this play would be?

Edited by mystiquephreeq

I am more inclined to believe that if the clue is indeed Shakespeare that it is more cryptic than referencing a Shakespeare house. As mentioned earlier in the forum, it seems that the ifrit's clues are matching up to Dr. Jimmy's and Shakespeare is a famous surname. Over thinking again I'm sure.

I've been thinking much of the same things as others on here.

Actually, just before I caught up on speculation today, I thought to myself: Isn't 'surname' a bit too easy of a clue? And then I thought, well so was 'Winnebago.' But Chris beat me to saying it haha.

But, surname could be a very "sufficiently cryptic" clue. If it's not The Walking Dead then anything is fair game really. It could even be Ray Bradbury, who was mentioned several times in the wishful thinking thread a couple months ago. He is a master of the macabre and anything from him would be wonderful (he's my favorite author, so excuse my bias). As a fan of reading, Shakespeare is perfectly fine as well.

As mentioned earlier in the forum, it seems that the ifrit's clues are matching up to Dr. Jimmy's

^this is because the clues are pulled out of someone's ass only when Dr Jimmy releases a new cryptic clue... you'd think people would catch on to this. It'd be a completely different story if there was a new "ifrit clue" :rolleyes: BEFORE Dr Jimmy's cryptic clue... point being, the dolt creating these clues purposely waits for a new cryptic clue to be given, then hastily creates a clue of their own... So yes... don't overthink it.

^this is because the clues are pulled out of someone's ass only when Dr Jimmy releases a new cryptic clue... you'd think people would catch on to this. It'd be a completely different story if there was a new "ifrit clue" :rolleyes: BEFORE Dr Jimmy's cryptic clue... point being, the dolt creating these clues purposely waits for a new cryptic clue to be given, then hastily creates a clue of their own... So yes... don't overthink it.

So... Was Balloon or Kevin the clue for La Llorona?

Very true. I keep telling myself to learn from last year, but I fall into the trap! I have a tendency to think more than is necessary everyday of my life!

^Dammit! Heather beat me to it... although I totally forgot about the Home Alone angle :chainsaw:

Sorry!

Back to my Surname theory.

If you were The Good Doctor, how would you set up a red herring?

Last year, Winnebago was the most obvious clue.

If he wanted to set up a red herring, Surname is the way to go.

We are automatically going to guess Walker. It's the obvious clue, and last year Winnebago was the most obvious clue. Do you really think he'd make it that easy again?

Just a theory. To outright dismiss any other possibilities would be foolish. The Doctor is always more clever than we think he is.

EDIT:

Yes, it's possible he would think that we would think it's a red herring and use it as the obvious clue, knowing that we would end up debating whether its a red herring or not!

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

EDIT:

Yes, it's possible he would think that we would think it's a red herring and use it as the obvious clue, knowing that we would end up debating whether its a red herring or not!

True...but I don't see it being that. I either see the clue being the obvious answer or not. I don't have any reason to back up why I feel this way, I just do. Maybe it's part of my denial towards TWD returning.

Let me just point out that NOBODY guessed anything about La Llorona for ANY of my Cryptic Comments until AFTER Heather guessed at it for the Ifrit's scrabble game.

So out of fairness, the Ifrit came up with that first.

That being said I neither confirm nor deny any rumors about La Llorona.

And of course I continue neither confirming anything nor denying anything about any guesses for any of my own comments as well.

That being said I neither confirm nor deny any rumors about La Llorona.

And of course I continue neither confirming anything nor denying anything about any guesses for any of my own comments as well.

You are soooo not fair!!! :P *stomps foot*

Curiosity. It kills me....

I could argue that the Ifrit was originally going to point to Cabin in the Woods, but I guessed it too fast and ruined his/her plans therefore he/she changed up the game!!!!

But:

So far my guesses are:

Cryptic comment #1 - HAVOC, AWIL, or Pennywise.

Ifrit #1 - HAVOC

Cryptic Comment #2 - Cabin in the Woods

Ifrit #2 - La Llorona

Cryptic Comment #3 - TWD, Resident Evil, or Stephen King House.

Ifrit #3 - Need more info. Shakespeare was prolific.

Yes, I'm holding onto my King theories. No one can kill my hope!!!!!

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Tu = reference to Et tu, brute? It's from Act III, scene 1 of Julius Caesar, I believe. Could be wrong about the scene. It's the scene in which Caesar dies.

Edit for thoughts:

The Ides of March = March 15th, the day Caesar was assassinated.

So Shakespeare points to Caesar? Where can Caesar lead us?

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 2

Alright "Tu" is spanish for "you" or "your".

Ex: Tu eres loca = You are crazy :)

Therefore, it might be another Llorona reference.

He's also referencing Acts...Act III. Shakespeare wrote in acts, obviously, in his plays.

Mercutio dies in Act 3 in Romeo and Juliet (and says the famous 'a plague on both your houses' line)

In Macbeth, Banquo dies in Act 3.

In Hamlet, Polonius dies in Act 3. Also, he does that whole "to be or not to be" soliloquy

• Like 1

He's also referencing Acts...Act III. Shakespeare wrote in acts, obviously, in his plays.

Mercutio dies in Act 3 in Romeo and Juliet (and says the famous 'a plague on both your houses' line)

super stretch: in reference to the acts comment, that line said in act III of R&J has plague in it. Plague=Black Plague=Catacombs sequel! :D

obviously not it, but one can hope :).

the only IPs i'm fairly certain are happening from what's been hinted at and from what's been said are CiTW and AWIL. The rest i'm not sold on just yet. There's some good evidence pointing to La Llorona, but i don't get why they wouldn't just do a Mama house instead. It would attract way more people. If it is La Llorona, it looked great the past 2 years in Hollywood so im sure it'd be great hear. Though, i did say the same thing about AC and look what we got last year....