Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Okay... done catching up on the past 11 pages... good god people lol

Alright so i've been waiting until this thread was actually created before posting anything spec related... and by spec, i mean any rumors & whatnot that I have heard from sources.. Now the house stuff could end up true, partially true or completely wrong all together due to last minute changes (i'm leaning towards the last two :P )... anyway, here's my spec to keep you kids talking...

So Chad of HHNRumors posted this article roughly 2 weeks ago (thursday, april 4th to be exact) on the HHNRumors main page. Sure enough, his article included some HHN house info that coincides with what I had heard from a few sources. Two of these match up with Dr Jimmy's cryptic comment clues... You can read the article HERE:

http://hhnrumors.com/2013-hhn-rumors-full-swing/

1 Park - Studios (like normal)

8 Houses - THANK. GOD.

Here are the 4 IP's that Chad listed, which as I mentioned, matches with what I had heard.

- The Walking Dead

Unfortunately, it will be back. It brought in the crowds and had an ungodly line from hell every night. So it'd make sense for UNI to want to do it again, but this time based on Season 3 (PRISON) since last year's house was based on Season 1 & 2. However, there IS one BIG reason why they would NOT want to bring back TWD again... that reason: Restrictions. All of the restrictions AMC placed on that house last year was awful.

Dr Jimmy Clue Spec/Guess: "Surname"

- American Werewolf in London

As most of you remember, we were supposed to get this house last year. BUT it was replaced last minute with, i believe Silent Hill.. So while most houses get shelved for future years (or just to rot away never to see the light of day), it makes sense that UNI would want to do it this year. Besides, we haven't had a werewolf house since 2009's "Wolfman" (unless you want to count Wolfman's cameo in House of Horrors last year).

Dr Jimmy Clue Spec/Guess: "Balloons"

- American Horror Story

While I have never watched this tv series, I can't really say much about it. I plan to catch up on it before HHN though. The interesting thing about this house rumor is that my friend out in LA went to Monsterpalooza this past sunday & said he overheard someone mention "AHS" in regards to HHN. While it could've just been a random fanboy's "wishful thinking outloud", it was still significant.

- Resident Evil

As we all know, HHN Japan did an amazing job with Resident Evil last year. Now Japan already had a partnership with Capcom for everyday use anyway & Capcom is a Japanese videogame company. So obviously that partnership wasn't too hard to make happen... Now while a good portion of us found "Silent Hill" to be a sucktacular underwhelming crapfest as far as houses go, it was definitely "a hit". So it'd make sense that they'd want to acquire RE for our event(s) this year.... HOWEVER, I know that some of you will be like "Ugh TWO zombie houses the same year!?" Keep in mind that RE has A LOT more than just zombies. And you can also look at HOS' 2011 event, they had Zombie Mortuary & a Zombie Prison house.

Of course, as much as I would love to see RE this year, it'd honestly make more sense to wait until next year to do it when RE:6 is released in theaters September 14th, 2014.

Dr Jimmy Clue Spec/Guess: "Kevin" :P (ask me)

- Cabin in the Woods

I've seen this mentioned previously a few pages back. I still have yet to see the movie. BUT, its rumored to be on our line-up for this year. Its a Lionsgate released film and we know that UNI has had a few Lionsgate houses at the event already. Now if you really want to make a stretch, you could point out the fact that CITW is a Joss Whedon written/produced movie... and HHN Hollywood worked with Joss Whedon in 2000 for their "Buffy/Angel: Hellmouth Haunt" maze. So its possible... However, despite the whole Lionsgate thing, I could see this rumored being replaced with the new "EVIL DEAD" film due to its popularity.

Dr Jimmy Clue Spec/Guess: "Kevin"

- La Llorona

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've heard this house rumored. I personally don't want to have this house. If we had to have a past HHN Hollywood house, I'd prefer a Pre-Hiatus house instead. (if you want to know specificly what houses, ask me).. Anyway, i agree that La Llorona might be too "OMGZ" for our event, its not really any worse than us having a BURNING children's orfanage in 2010... Another reason WHY we will most likely get this house is the fact that they know how successful our Urban Legend content does, 2008's event would be a good example seeing as it had Bloody Mary and more woven into houses/SZs that year.

- HAVOC 2.0/other

I saw someone mention Havoc previously a few pages back (either Heather or Christy)... Its rumored, BUT honestly, unless they make a signifcant monster aspect to the house, it'd just be the same thing we experienced in 2010. That'd be rather underwhelming. Of course there is also the fact that the cast(s) is what made the house. To me personally, it was kind of a "meh" house, but thats due to the fact that i was a military brat, so the military aspect did nothing for me "scare wise". Honestly, I'd like to know how exactly they'd get another cast that was on-par with the energy we saw in 2010.

Another theory is that we'll get a Nightingales sequel... personally, I don't see this happening this year though.

There is also the off chance that this could be a bogus rumor and we'll end up with something "NEW & ORIGINAL" instead..

One other rumor though, about Havoc returning is that they'll be getting a scarezone as well. I personally think they should do a SZ ONLY if they want to bring back the DOW's... I only say this because i'd rather have a SZ, leaving that house space for something "NEW"/"original" rather than a sequel. I know there are probably quite a few former Havoc scareactors that'd like to take it to the street.

PsychoScareapy was another house that shouldve been taken to the street... but thats another story entirely.

- Original house

This needs no explanation... just know we're supposed to have at least ONE! lol

As most of you remember, Horror Unearthed last year used scanners (despite the fact that some scanners didnt want to work)... well I bring this up because while it was part of the "game" for Legion points, Marketing/higher-ups could've easily used those house scanning results to see which houses were visited more. Just like they possibly do with waittimes (not sure if they do keep track or not)... if this is the case, then it makes sense that TWD would be brought back due to its ungodly line from hell & all the scans its scanner got.... this is just speculation of course.

Anyway.. since i'm heading out, I'll have to post my speculative thoughts regarding streets later on tonight or another day.... But as far as what is posted above, as i said.. it could end up true or completely wrong. It IS only April after all... I'd really wait until we had House Permits before we look too closely at anything house related. :)

Too bad some of the scanners did not work most of the time, I never got much points for going to Gothic and Dead End, even though I did those the most.

Resident Evil and Walking Dead would probably feel like overkill for some people. I wouldn't mind, because I would love to see Resident Evil even if we had 2 zombie houses. It would be interesting having two zombie properties that are completely different from each other.

I love the first season of American Horror story, didn't really like the second one, but I wouldn't really care for a house based on it. Could be great or could be boring.

Resident Evil and Walking Dead would probably feel like overkill for some people. It would be interesting having two zombie properties that are completely different from each other.

^which is exactly why I pointed that out. Even I think its overkill, but I personally don't want TWD anywhere near the event ever again. :lol:

Anyway, here is random "original" house spec that I forgot to include in my previous post...

Okay so we've seen that a scarezone can become a house (2010's Saws-n-Steam SZ/2011 SZ) & a house become a scarezone (2004's Deadtropolis house/2006 SZ) quite successfully. So this got me thinking.. which is always a bad thing :P Sooooo Disney just released the amazingly successful "Oz the Great & Powerful" film last month. Now for those that attended 2008, you'll remember the scarezone "Path of the Wicked" (and the "Blood Stained Road" Wizard of Oz scene in Scary Tales 3)... So with Disney having just released their Oz prequel... it seems like this would be the perfect opportunity for HHN to revisit "Path of the Wicked" as a house this year. It'd sort've count as a new/original house, but with familiarity. The steampunk vibe of the scarezone for it would work easily since they've already done it for 2009's Frankenstein house & obviously 2011's S-n-S house.

As far as scarezones go... last year's streets were a complete disaster. Not because of the scareactors, but due to the poor execution and small cast size... It just didn't work, which resulted in many of you never seeing certain "legions" or any at all. So here is my speculative thought on how I hope they attack this year's event..

As we all know, or at least those of us paying attention to threads outside of the HHN section (hint hint), most of the construction at UNI is winding down for the most part. By that, I mean less construction walls shrinking down the size of pathways.

- Transformers just recieved its ride sign today, but the Shrek Alley currently has construction walls due to the new Transformer's photo-op building being erected (something that should be done within a month or so)...

- Simpsons is slowly but surely moving along, and with any luck should be announced soon (if they don't hit any more snags) and the rest of it expansion completed hopefully by June. Moe's Taven & Krusty Burger are currently exposed, despite being unfinished with minor details.

- Potter 2.0 has gotten a lot of steel erected in the rear of the park, but so far nothing really cosmetic has been done yet.

With this in mind.. the ONLY construction that we SHOULD be dealing with when HHN rolls around is Potter 2.0... Unless UNI finds something new to attack, but all signs point to the next construction project being IOA related. This will open up a lot of pathway space for the event... more importantly, scarezones. Before I talk about the scarezone issue, I want to address an idea that more than likely WON'T happen, but it'd really be great if it did...

So as i mentioned above, Moe's Tavern & Krusty Burger have been de-walled with only a few scenic elements missing. This is really great and helps crowd flow. So what I was thinking was, they should slap up the exterior London facades that face the lagoon of the new Potter 2.0 area. This would allow them to push the construction walls back completely so only the entrances into that new "land" are blocked off. This would significantly help with crowd flow during the summer & HHN... Unfortunately, that won't happen... but I figured I'd put the idea out there even if its "wishful thinking" lol

Now back to scarezones...

Shrek Alley, San Francisco, World Expo, Springfield/Krustyland, Central Park = 5 locations in the park where we can have THEMED scarezones. I would also include Sting Alley, which would bump it back to 6 SZs like we are used to having (prior to last year).

Hollywood & NY can have random roaming scareactors... ZERO PROPS/SET PIECES (i say this because i'd rather see that money put towards the themed scarezones). Honestly, those big set pieces they hauled into the streets every night just made those two streets more congested. So I say no set pieces to roll out each night... ONLY scareactors, fog, lighting, & music..

This would mean 5-6 traditional themed SZs & 2 streets devoted to roaming scareactors to help with the crowd-flow. Its honestly, the best solution, it takes what they tried last year & mixes it with what we are used to having. Besides, you can still let the scareactors roam the complete area of their scarezones, just have larger casts (i know, god forbid we have more scareactors)....

Show speculation,...

B&T in FFL like normal...

Lagoon show... of some kind (hopefully better than last year) AND WITH SHOW TIMES!

Something in Beetlejuice

with the crowds these days.. they honestly need to put a show into Animal Actors as well. I wouldn't mind some type of freak show or something on the small stage in Kidzone either. Then of course a return of Death Drums street show in the Mel's area would be nice, i mean, its not like they couldn't use the small drummer float from HOP (especially since it was made from the original Death Drums floats)..

For an event the size of HHN, there really is no excuse not to have 3 theater shows, a street show, & a lagoon show.. which would be 5 shows... I mean, come on... Knott's had freakin 9 shows last year and their event only costs roughly $60...

the fact that HHN charges so much & offers so little is rather ridiculous. But that is an entirely different discussion for another time..

with the crowds these days.. they honestly need to put a show into Animal Actors as well. I wouldn't mind some type of freak show or something on the small stage in Kidzone either. Then of course a return of Death Drums street show in the Mel's area would be nice, i mean, its not like they couldn't use the small drummer float from HOP (especially since it was made from the original Death Drums floats)..

For an event the size of HHN, there really is no excuse not to have 3 theater shows, a street show, & a lagoon show.. which would be 5 shows... I mean, come on... Knott's had freakin 9 shows last year and their event only costs roughly $60...

the fact that HHN charges so much & offers so little is rather ridiculous. But that is an entirely different discussion for another time..

I am glad someone said it.

Sometimes I find Universal's lack of shows ridiculous. I did not know Knott's had 9 shows... The number of shows over here is pathetic.

Some may think Chris has now gone and spoiled the whole Event.

But I must point this out... I still do NOT confirm nor deny any guesses for the Cryptic Comments and his linking of them to various houses.

^which reminds me...

Here are my guesses for the three cryptic clues we have so far...

Dr Jimmy Clue Guess/Spec: "Balloons"

American Werewolf in London

99EUMLZ.jpg

^"a naked american man stole my balloons!"

(would've posted the scene from the movie, but i figured most of you would be offended by glimpses of a penis)

The Devil's Carnival

V3OXJVi.jpg

This scene is from the "Devil & His Due" maze towards the end of the movie which features a room filled with balloons... who doesn't love a twisted funhouse? especially when its created by the Devil...

Dr Jimmy's Clue Guess/Spec: "Kevin"

Cabin in the Woods

UqWhHje.jpg

^3rd to last name listed on the left... between "Deadites" & "Mummy"

Resident Evil

Kevin Dooley - Resident Evil (gamecube remake), Resident Evil: Zero (remodeled version)

Kevin Ryman - Resident Evil: Outbreak, RE: Outbreak File #2

Kevin - Resident Evil 3: Nemesis file (mechanic's memo)

Dr Jimmy Clue Guess/Spec: "Surname"

Dr Jimmy = Walker(s) (zombie term) = The Walking Dead

Murdy = John Murdy = HHN Hollywood = HHN Hollywood house

(which would be La Llorona)

Redfield = Chris & Clare Redfield = Resident Evil

(this could go with Jill Valentine, Albert Wesker, Leon S Kennedy, Ada Wong... etc)

• Like 1

So quick theory/thought/whatever: I have a feeling horror unearthed OR something like it is coming back around. Maybe this is where LT would come into play, actually. Not sure what, but bear with me.

This past weekend I visited the big bad mouse in orlando and, to my surprise (and delight), they've started implementing the card scanning technology for entrance into the parks (put your ticket/card against the scanner, verify with thumbprint if entering a park, cool green lighting up thing tells you it worked). Eventually the fastpass system will also work with the scanners instead of the machines they have now. Anyway, this seemed important because, if UNI knew this was going to be happening and tried to roll it out during HHN last year before Disney did, albeit a bit unsuccessfully, they might go full force with it this year as part of an interactive game in the park. Again, this isn't a fully developed idea in my mind, but Chris mentioned the horror unearthed scanning thing and the lightbulb in my head went off.

Dr Jimmy Clue Guess/Spec: "Surname"

Dr Jimmy = Walker(s) (zombie term) = The Walking Dead

Murdy = John Murdy = HHN Hollywood = HHN Hollywood house

(which would be La Llorona)

Redfield = Chris & Clare Redfield = Resident Evil

(this could go with Jill Valentine, Albert Wesker, Leon S Kennedy, Ada Wong... etc)

Let's be honest... If that's how you're going to interpret Surname, it could be anything.

Lovecraft, Hitchcock, Poe, Kubrick...

Or if it's using my surname: Slenderman, the Iniquitus, Shadowman, Nightmaze,

If it's Lizz, it could be Grown Evil, Little Shop of Horror or the The Happening.

"Murdy" as a surname, doesn't tie directly to La Llorona or have anything to do with Orlando.

And, I don't think a majority of the people who subscribe to Jimmy know what your surname is, which defeats the point of the clue.

The only surname Jimmy's clue can directly apply to is Jimmy. It's his clue, his video, his audience. The only feasible thing is Walker and the Walking Dead.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 3

Let's be honest... If that's how you're going to interpret Surname, it could be anything.

Lovecraft, Hitchcock, Poe, Kubrick...

Or if it's using my surname: Slenderman, the Iniquitus, Shadowman, Nightmaze,

If it's Lizz, it could be Grown Evil, Little Shop of Horror or the The Happening.

"Murdy" as a surname, doesn't tie directly to La Llorona or have anything to do with Orlando.

And though you may find it hard to believe, I don't think a majority of the people who subscribe to Jimmy know or care what your real name is. Sorry to knock that pedestal out from under you.

The only surname Jimmy's clue can directly apply to is Jimmy. It's his clue, his video, his audience. The only feasible thing is Walker and the Walking Dead.

Oh man. Now I want a the Happening house. Where you just walk through with a constant breeze in your face. Bahaha. Thanks for the laugh, Jeff.

On topic, I agree that it seems as those Walker(s) is the hint, but... wow, I will be disappointed if there's another Walking Dead house two years in a row.

• Like 2

I mentioned it in the FB group, but I could also see surname being for H.R. Bloodengutz. A stretch to be sure, and probably not the case, but it's one of the only surnames I could think of that was tied to a house, save for Madness of Poe. And doing a sequel house for him seems even more unlikely, due to the use of his most famous stories the first time around.

Fairly certain the clue means Surname=Walker=Walkers= TWD as previously stated. Having actually watching the whole series this time around (and liking it), the prison would be a lot easier to make a good house than what they did with last year's underwhelming house. I'd prefer it in a SS. Make it very dark and, well, look like a prison. GOOD SA placement this time and it doesn't sound like a hard house to pull of. Only thing that could hurt the house is restrictions made by AMC. And if they're smart, they'll look at the money made last year and be a little easier on the restrictions.

As far as the other IPs, i think AWIL is basically a definite at this point. And i think they'll put it in SS22 like originally planned as that's where the house was designed for.

CiTW i think has a good chance of happening as it was fairly popular and Dr. Jimmy's clue Kevin points towards it.

i think i read somewhere Resident Evil was wanted over here last year but we didn't get it, so it would make sense to happen this year.

As for ASH, i haven't watched it nor heard anything to point towards it happening, so that ones iffy to me. Though i remember reading on screamscape last year it was at least pitched for last years event.

I would've thought Mama had a better chance than La Llorona of happening since it's another IP, it's a Universal picture, and it was successful.

HAVOC 2.0? no thanks. The house was good but not great and like Chris said, the casts are what made the house not the house itself. I'd rather it a SZ and if we were to get a sequel from 2010, make it Catacombs :P

Then the one original house, which could be anything. lol.

I would think AWIL, TWD and RE would be in SSs and if we had a fourth SS, ASH if it happens. CiTW would fit in Disaster. HAVOC 2.0/whatever that house is and the original in the tents and La Llorona in Parade.

Interesting connection I thought of.

It appears LT will be back this year. HAVOC is rumored to return. Ignatia Himmel worked for Shadow Creek.

Yep, quoting myself, because I have been considering this connection.

Here is my theory.

Balloons = 99 Luftballoons = war = Dogs of War.

How do you make a super soldier house sequel?

It got me thinking about the show Dark Angel. The second and final season of that show introduce the imperfect experiments. The mutations and mistakes that occurred before the soldiers were perfected.

Then I thought about the LT connection to Shadow Creek. DNA splicing. Releasing Fear and never knowing what happened to him. LT being the ones to seal up the Legions from HU.

What if we see the creatures that were the mistakes in a new HAVOC house? And what if we learn the source of thE super soldier DNA are supernatural/paranormal monsters that have been captured by LT?

• Like 1

Then I thought about the LT connection to Shadow Creek. DNA splicing. Releasing Fear and never knowing what happened to him. LT being the ones to seal up the Legions from HU.

What if we see the creatures that were the mistakes in a new HAVOC house? And what if we learn the source of thE super soldier DNA are supernatural/paranormal monsters that have been captured by LT?

Interesting theory, and the execution could lend to some cool visuals, but it just feels a little too much like Buffy Season 4 for my personal tastes (I hated The Initiative with a passion). That being said, could be fun. :)

• Like 1

it just feels a little too much like Buffy Season 4 for my personal tastes (I hated The Initiative with a passion).

The Initiative experiment plot is something i've mentioned a few times since 2010's Havoc... there can never be too much like Buffy :P we needz MOAR! So you can thank me for Heather's theory lol

Really the only experiment that we really know about regarding The Initiative is Project 314... well i guess you could count them putting the computer chip in Spike's brain which nueters him as a vampire so he can't kill/feed off humans as an experiment.

Personally... i'd love to see Adam make a cameo appearance in a Havoc house. They've already used "The Gentlemen" & the priests of The First.. so its not too far fetched to speculate on some other Buffy monster making an appearance in the future. (now if only we could get Hollywood's "Buffy/Angel: Hellmouth Haunt" from HHNH 2000)

Regarding gene-splicing... due to your distaste for The Initiative plot from Season 4, which sure it wasn't the greatest, but it was the post-HS/transition to college season.. those are always the "meh" seasons for shows. Anyway... the experimentation would honestly be more closer to Jurassic Park than it would Buffy. The only Buffy aspect would be going the demon/monster route rather than the dino DNA route.. however, they could easily tie-in 2002's Project Evilution concept with an Initiative style Havoc house. It'd be perfect way to celebrate JP's 20th anniversary in an indirect way...

So go with the dino-DNA experimentation which resulted in the half-human/half-dino scenario for 2002's house, mix it up with some Buffy-verse, and implement the whole Havoc super soldier aspect from 2010... it'd be fresh & new... sort've

• Like 1

So we have the Resident Evil house rumor for this year...

As most of us know from last year, UNI Japan obtained RE for their HHN event due to their pre-existing partnership with Capcom. While unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any footage from the house built inside T2:3D (at least none that I have found yet)... we at least can take a look at what was done in the street for a scarezone.

Obviously this would be perfect for NY... however, it is not possible due to the popular Superstar parade that runs daily. I'm not too heartbroken about that because they could still do a smaller scale RE SZ in shrek alley. But I figured I'd show off what Japan pulled off..

They building projections are A LOT better than ours were for Acid Assault. Then you've got the Licker & zombie dog scareactors walking/crawling on all fours. The other scareactors climbing on cars & other scenery.

• Like 4

So we have the Resident Evil house rumor for this year...

As most of us know from last year, UNI Japan obtained RE for their HHN event due to their pre-existing partnership with Capcom. While unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any footage from the house built inside T2:3D (at least none that I have found yet)... we at least can take a look at what was done in the street for a scarezone.

Obviously this would be perfect for NY... however, it is not possible due to the popular Superstar parade that runs daily. I'm not too heartbroken about that because they could still do a smaller scale RE SZ in shrek alley. But I figured I'd show off what Japan pulled off..

They building projections are A LOT better than ours were for Acid Assault. Then you've got the Licker & zombie dog scareactors walking/crawling on all fours. The other scareactors climbing on cars & other scenery.

Okay, that was AMAZING! The level of interactivity there, and the show-like performances in the scarezones, just wow. And those projections were really good. Would love to see some of that make its way over here.

• Like 4