Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

3brr9.jpg

The Speculation thus far: (will add to this as more info becomes public)

USF 8 houses. 5 ips, 1 sequel, 1 Hollywood reboot, 1 original.

Locations Confirmed:

Sprung One
Sprung Two
Parade Building (B79)
Disaster Queue
SS21 A & B
SS22
SS24

Permits:
BLD2013-04374, BLD2013-04376, BLD2013-04375, BLD2013-04371 BLD2013-04379, BLD2013-04380, BLD2013-04378

Confirmed Houses:

Cabin In The Woods Confirmed (HHN - Facility - Soundstage 21A)

The Walking Dead Confirmed (Parade building)
Evil Dead Confirmed (replaced American Horror Story in SS24)
Urban Legends: La Llorona Confirmed (Church facade rumored to be seen at Sprung 1)
Afterlife: Death's vengance Confirmed Based on the execution of Robert "the Blade". Things don't go as planned in the afterlife. Rumored to be a 3D house. (Sprung 2)
Havoc: Derailed Confirmed - A train is involved.(Disaster! Queue)

Speculated House list:(gleaned from The IFRIT's Clues, the doc's clues, various other confirmations)

Resident Evil (SS 21)
American Werewolf in London - (SS 22)

Streets

It was released that the entire street experience will be different scenes from The Walking Dead.

Street Code names are all Ice cream flavors.

Horror Unearthed/Legendary Truth (LT)

Registration has started you can log in with your old HU login or re-register here

Legendary Truth is not only back this year but Goth Wackee has been active on FB. She has gone to Princeton to meet with Ryan and Dr. Thorncastle.

The Dr. T and Ryan returned to Orlando for Horror Extreme (the full footage of the event can be seen here).

Thorncastle stated he is again in charge of LT and that our evaluations are complete. Ryan was not seen.

Horror Unearthed/LT Merchandise goes on sale in June on the website.
Re-registration will be required for this years games/card.

Evil Takes Root (ETR) -

A character by the name moniker of "PS" has made a blog and videos related to this year. The blog is accesible directly from the HHN website or http://www.eviltakesroot.com/

PS seems to be releasing clues to the next house to be revelaed and has posted several blogs talking about strange, stalkerish happenings, PLUS two videos.

The first video is PS finding a bag in the woods (based on coordinates), which included a cell phone with a video of a cabin in the woods. While in the woods finding the bag, there are strange howlish noises that PS refers to as sounding like a pig, and there is a stench of rot.

The second video has PS pulling old drawings covered in blood out of the bag (implying Evil Dead). Again, PS mentions the stench of rot.

There is no official connection (yet) between Legendary Truth and Evil Takes Root. Current speculation is that the items in the bag each represent a house.

Leaked Street code Names (5 of 9):

CC
CVC
Pop
Rum
PS

Dr. J's Comment Clues
Balloons = AWIL
Kevin = CITW
Surname TWD
Acrostic = Evil Dead
Christine = Resident Evil
Silencio = La Llorona
Simon = Havoc
Flashback = Prison house

The IFRIT's clues

Clue 1 :
The embers keep burning, revelations are singed.
Prepare to be tested. The countdown begins.

Clue 2: (clues 2-7 La Llorona)
You'll cry and wail for all the clues.They'll come in time, while I am mute.

Clue 3

Clue 4

Clue 5

Clue 6

Clue 7:
And with this clue this series is done.But more will be coming, we've just started the fun

Clue 8: (clue 8-10 Havoc)
An American patriarch reveals the clue when the Principal yells.You have the episode and YouTube to figure out what I tell.

Clue 9:
You'll find more connections than you really need
But can you figure it out before we move to Act III?

Clue 10:
Aren't you glad that there's not eight
Clues in this Line-up to contemplate?

Clue 11: (AWIL)
Six Degrees are all I need to ensure that your minds Bake.
On to the next and we will see if you have what it <deleted>.

Clue 12: (TWD)
Inspiration can come from familiar places.
By contrast, what comes from death-filled spaces.

Clue 13: (Resident Evil)
What they do, what you hear is the basis of what they are. Don't rock the boat and you can see if you truly are a star.

Clue 14: (14-17 Prison)
new horrors await when you discover the phone will never sing
but plotting your future is futile in a world where death is everything

Clue 15:
forward or backward, take a seat, see where the currents flow
it's not only the place that matters, but who you will follow

Clue 16

Clue 17

Clue 18 (CITW)
Soap, grope, nope I hope you find the time
Pope, rope, dope to cope and figure out the rhyme.

Clue 19: (Evil Dead)
After the break, this one's simple to find, when you remember this:
The word that matters will follow the contraction of the phrase, "It is."

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

Second cryptic clue is "Kevin" . . . first two things that come to mind is the movie "We Need to Talk About Kevin", which I haven't seen, and Kevin Yagher who is known for his makeup work on Freddy Krueger and the Crypt Keeper amongst other things.

Oh, and Kevin Peter Hall who played the Predator in "Predator" and Harry in "Harry and the Harrisons"

Just thought of a couple more, everything I've guessed are probably stretches, but that's part of the game.

Kevin Spacey played John Doe in "Se7en", maybe some cereal killer tie in or the movie itself. And Kevin Bacon is in that new series "The Following", again more cereal killer stuff . . . plus he was a victim in the original "Friday the 13th"

Just thought of a couple more, everything I've guessed are probably stretches, but that's part of the game.

Kevin Spacey played John Doe in "Se7en", maybe some cereal killer tie in or the movie itself. And Kevin Bacon is in that new series "The Following", again more cereal killer stuff . . . plus he was a victim in the original "Friday the 13th"

Sorry in advance, Dave, but this made me laugh out loud.. "cereal killers".. I kept picturing Cap'n Crunch and Tony the Tiger all whacked out and gored up with fangs and knives leaping from cereal boxes to murder unsuspecting children.

*serial killers

heheheheheh.. :)

• Like 3

If it were we need to talk about Kevin that sounds wonderful for HHN Right up the alley of the Skool and etc, its definitely ab interesting idea...

Serial Killers... The new Hannibal series for NBC makes me wonder about an asylum or that type of house but remembering how often Shady Brook appeared makes me feel that as a more than likely (not gonna happen for a while) scenario...

So, just going to throw this out there. One of the monsters on the whiteboard in Cabin in the Woods... is named Kevin. According to the visual companion, he enjoyed dismembering people. If CitW turned out to be a house, I'd be very happy. It would be a nice substitute for Evil Dead, complete with molesting tree.

• Like 3

Being an 80's/90's kid, I went immediately to Kevin from Home Alone. It's like a trigger word lol

Kevin is also the name of the kid prophet on Supernatural, if anyone watches that.

Kevin Smith directed Red State...if anyone has seen it, you know it would make a sort of nuts house. Though I doubt it would happen...but the idea of a religious cult attacking "sinners" and "non-believers"...that's always creeped me out.

And finally, just for my own amusement...the Kevin Ware injury just recently was just as much horror as I think you can get during a sport. Geez. Seriously...scary.

Edited by justchristy

I guess if we're going the home alone route, the closest thing I can think of that would work with such a connection is Psycho-scarapy: Home for the holidays. The T.v. show supernatural also is a possibility as it has about the same popularity as the walking dead. Although perhaps that's a bit of wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

I guess if we're going the home alone route, the closest thing I can think of that would work with such a connection is Psycho-scarapy: Home for the holidays. The T.v. show supernatural also is a possibility as it has about the same popularity as the walking dead. Although perhaps that's a bit of wishful thinking on my part.

The Home Alone route could also include things along the lines of The Strangers as it could be a more oblique Home Alone type concept.

I would love this.

Allegedly the Kevin being referenced in Cabin in the Woods is Elijah Wood's character Kevin from Sin City. Let the black and white house speculation begin!

I also am keeping tabs on this "Ifrit" situation. I don't put too much stock into it, seeing as how it was wrong the last time, but anything to fuel speculation is good as far as I'm concerned.

I just found out that Kevin Bacon is in R.I.P.D., the very same that the Good Doctor mention! So what he said was probably true!

There is some potential for this. Chances are they'll work it the same way that they worked the thing in 21. If R.I.P.D. is going to be there this year.

Quick question.

How plausible would it be to use the side entrance (the one near Blue Man building) as an entrance/exit for a house in SS 24?

EDIT: To make the question clearer. I mean the side entrance into the Studios.

Are you referring to the entrance that is used during Holiday time for the Grinch/christmas show? From what I remember, using that entrance, you cross from IOA into Universal behind one of the sound stages, using a passage through Seuss Landing. Apologies if I'm thinking of the wrong spot.

Are you referring to the entrance that is used during Holiday time for the Grinch/christmas show? From what I remember, using that entrance, you cross from IOA into Universal behind one of the sound stages, using a passage through Seuss Landing. Apologies if I'm thinking of the wrong spot.

If you're right, it'd be sort of interesting using that area. Perhaps the path could be a scarezone or they could make it to where you have to go through the sound stage and there would be a house/scare zone combination in there that you would need to pass through. Don't know of the logistics of this though.

• Like 1

No. There is actually an entrance to the Studios near Blue Man group building. You have to walk toward the Blue Man group building then take a right. I've used it when crossing between IOA and the Studios. There is never a line, and they swipe your ticket and fingerprint right there.

If I have it right in my head, you end up entering the park on the street in between Despicable Me and The Universal Store.

EDIT: I'm awful at figuring out where the sound stages are. But I'm almost positive that they directed people to TNA through that entrance/exit.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

No. There is actually an entrance to the Studios near Blue Man group building. You have to walk toward the Blue Man group building then take a right. I've used it when crossing between IOA and the Studios. There is never a line, and they swipe your ticket and fingerprint right there.

If I have it right in my head, you end up entering the park on the street in between Despicable Me and The Universal Store.

EDIT: I'm awful at figuring out where the sound stages are. But I'm almost positive that they directed people to TNA through that entrance/exit.

I know what you're talking about, that's the area of the old hard rock gate.

i thought about that as well. If they were to use that area for a queue for a fourth SS (presumably 21 since TNA is gone), they could have the queues for the 2 in 23 or 20 and the one in 22 as normal. Then, setup the queue for 21 in that side entrance and make it go down the path between BMG and Rockit towards the SS. You could have maybe 6 rows of line next to DM and then a few more rows along the SS.

i thought about that as well. If they were to use that area for a queue for a fourth SS (presumably 21 since TNA is gone), they could have the queues for the 2 in 23 or 20 and the one in 22 as normal. Then, setup the queue for 21 in that side entrance and make it go down the path between BMG and Rockit towards the SS. You could have maybe 6 rows of line next to DM and then a few more rows along the SS.

Thank you! 21 not 24. I figured I got the sound stage number wrong. I can never remember which sound stage is which unless I'm there staring at them. 21 held TNA and that's the one I was referring too.

It's close to the entrance, but I think it could work. That street is longer than it seems, and the line would have to go all the way back to SS 21. I don't know if it would work, but the line could start farther down Nickelodeon Way so the entrance to the house wouldn't interfere with the park entrance. I do worry about exiting though. Could a house in SS 21 exit near the Rockit entrance?

I hope I'm making sense. I'm a landmark person. So it's hard for me to explain when I don't have the ability to post images. (On phone) Just trying to figure out how to get us an 8th house back.

So, just going to throw this out there. One of the monsters on the whiteboard in Cabin in the Woods... is named Kevin. According to the visual companion, he enjoyed dismembering people. If CitW turned out to be a house, I'd be very happy. It would be a nice substitute for Evil Dead, complete with molesting tree.

Cabin in the Woods also had a Pennywise type clown...(balloons)

Tumblr_m8thnn8BsU1qfpn1do1_500.gif

Edited by LV-426