Bayou of Blood

JDW

bg_bayou.thumb.jpg.4fb4173d47fe290834327ef263986648.jpg

Venture into the Louisiana bayou where practitioners of voodoo are seeking unwilling victims for the night’s ritual sacrifice. Will you make it out alive, or will your blood be spilled on the sacrificial altar?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like a pretty good SZ to hang out in, have a few beers and observe. Sounds like there will be a lot to see, just not quite as loud and in your face as The Purge will be. Looking forward to seeing this one.

It says that we will get to see a sacrifice... I wonder how many times she'll be doing it throughout the evening?

My guess is that it will happen either once at the beginning or once every hour or so. what do you guys think?

What if the queen is over by where the burning bodies were last year? That could work.

Reminds me of the terra queen scarifice's which was about every 35-45 mins if I remember correctly(I am getting older).

I wonder if they will have "victims" planted in the crowds as with the terra queen. Would be a great addition to the

scarezone's coming back this year.

• Like 1

With the success of Death Water Bayou and the Voodoo Queen from HOS last year is it safe to say that HHN was inspired by them or saw it as great opportunity? I mean I am not expecting HHN to out right say that HOS inspired them but can we safely say that HOS success with the Voodoo theme last year contributed to HHN's Bayou this year?

• Like 1

Both HHN and HOS are inspired by each other. Throughout the years, many ideas have been shared by these events. For example, HOS tried roaming hordes and then the year after HHN did the same. There are many other prime examples of how HOS/HHN are inspired by each other's content. A&D probably did this zone for two reasons. The first reason being that they really liked the idea and felt they could do a lot with it. The second reason being that it worked for HOS and people really enjoyed it, therefor Universal can make money off of it.

Pure corporate ignorance:

Muckity Mucks: "Hey HOS' Voodoo house did really well let's cash in on that!"

A&D "Oh you mean like the ideas we've been pitching for 10 years?"

I have know idea if that is what went down but I can easily see it. Voodoo is largly untapped at HHN and the forums have been clamoring for it for at least 6 years. The idea was there.

• Like 2

You bring up a good point though JDW do you think Busch Gardens checks the forums more than Universal? I dont always keep up to date on current spec but it does seem as if HOS gets more ideas that fans have been wanting then we do...

You bring up a good point though JDW do you think Busch Gardens checks the forums more than Universal? I dont always keep up to date on current spec but it does seem as if HOS gets more ideas that fans have been wanting then we do...

Well I'm sure they look too. they are the underdog. Now the whole dual Poe house thing, that was due to a leak. Granted HHN's Poe was much better for the most part.

Just the picture of the shack above so far.

What leak? Busch hired Roddy, who helped design the house in '08. That's straight corporate espianoge.

That said, the fact that Busch did voodoo first is more Universal's failure than Busch's creativity. There's no excuse that it took HHN 24 years to use a such a classically American horror setting.

What leak? Busch hired Roddy, who helped design the house in '08. That's straight corporate espianoge.

That said, the fact that Busch did voodoo first is more Universal's failure than Busch's creativity. There's no excuse that it took HHN 24 years to use a such a classically American horror setting.

I agree. I was trying to be... diplomatic ;)

Oh yeah I do try to forget that... house? Triceratops walk? Wasn't really enclosed. Regardless it was terrible. At least the one time I went through. The cast completely didn't care. But, now that I think about it, wasn't that more African witch doctor than voodoo?

We all forgetting about Jungle of Doom and it's voodoo inspired burial ground theme?

I didn't forget it. It's actually one of my favorite houses (granted, that was based on Employee Preview night when I actually got lost. I was alone and terrified in a tribe infested jungle. It was one of few moments of legitimate fear in attending HHN).

JDW is right, though. It wasn't voodoo... it was tribal/witch doctor based. As you can easily tell because they don't really have jungles in Louisiana.

• Like 1

I didn't forget it. It's actually one of my favorite houses (granted, that was based on Employee Preview night when I actually got lost. I was alone and terrified in a tribe infested jungle. It was one of few moments of legitimate fear in attending HHN).

JDW is right, though. It wasn't voodoo... it was tribal/witch doctor based. As you can easily tell because they don't really have jungles in Louisiana.

There are in Haiti and other Caribbean islands.

Santeria/Voodoo don't only take place in Louisiana. Specifically the zombies that were a part of the house. Voodoo and Zombies go hand in hand, so that's why lean more towards it being that, and not an African themed house.

At Halloween Horror Nights VII: Frightmares in 1997 there was a house, Tombs of Terror in the Earthquake queue that was set in Louisiana and touched a bit on Voodoo, but not much.

A full blown Voodoo house was originally planned for halloween Horror Nights 15: Tales of Terror in 2005. It was to have been in a Sound Stage. Then the plans to have the house, Blood Rituals in the Dueling Dragons queue area fell through as Operations wanted that ride open during the event. So the Voodoo house was scrapped and Blood Rituals was moved into the Sound Stage.

• Like 3