Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cross-Posting & Additions from HHNH B&T thread:

Let's Break it down:

Step one: Ask yourself the following questions:

1. What has happened since November 2013?

2. Will it be funny to adults?

3. Will it still be relevant in September 2014?

4. If "No" for number 3, is it worth it for the audience to remember it?

Step two: Know your material:

* Bill & Ted - Time travel / late '80s culture

* Godzilla(2014) - Kaiju / Bryan Cranston(Heisenberg)

* Sochi Olympics - Putin, Russia, H.Y.D.R.A.

* COSMOS - Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Space, (possibly fight/team up with Bill Nye)

* Lego Movie - demented childrens toy

* Blended - another Adam Sandler movie

* Guardians of the Galaxy - Superheroes

* X-Men: Days of Future Past - Superheroes

* Hercules - The Rock

* Expendables 3 - Aging action heroes

* Transformers 4 - Michael Bay, transformers, testosterone

* Dawn of the Planet of the apes - Smart apes

* Spiderman 2 - Superheroes

* TMNT - Michael Bay, Turtles, testosterone

* Her - Evil A.I., Creepy middle-aged guy talking to himself

* RoboCop - Shitty Remake (possibly vs. person in Godzilla suit)

* Captain America 2 - H.Y.D.R.A., Russia, 'Murica

* Transcendence - Johnny Depp, Evil A.I.

*Vine - App, Kids, twerking

What's the most annoying thing on the radio right now?

"Happy" - Pharrell Williams

"Talk Dirty to me"

Which Celebrities are a hot topic?

- Kimye Wedding

- Cliche Taylor Swift & Miley Cyrus

- Have they stopped doing dead celebrities because it's in bad taste?

Frozen.

Preggers Godzilla that can somehow lay eggs in the 200-level seats at MSG vs kickass new Godzilla!

EDIT: Might as well add LeBron Cramping Up to the speculation. Put on a headband with fake hair attached to it (like those ridiculous gag visors) to boot. Probably a bit too time sensitive...but the Shaq making a freethrow in T2 3D still draws laughs so why not?

EDIT 2: Yeeeeah. With LBJ going back to Cleveland, I think we'll get a heavy dose of LeBron bashing :)

Edited by Oysterhead00

• 2 months later...

It probably won't happen, but since the ice bucket challenge is all over the place, it would be cool to see Bill and Ted get soaked with ice water after they "dance for no reason." I'm sure it would be refreshing for the actors since they are all hot and sweaty, but I don't know how the microphones would hold up after four to five times a night for the entire run of the event.

It probably won't happen, but since the ice bucket challenge is all over the place, it would be cool to see Bill and Ted get soaked with ice water after they "dance for no reason." I'm sure it would be refreshing for the actors since they are all hot and sweaty, but I don't know how the microphones would hold up after four to five times a night for the entire run of the event.

They wouldn't. If they did it, the performers would have to remove their mics prior. The bigger issue though would be that the costumes wouldn't have time to dry between shows. And no, it's incredibly unlikely that Universal would make 7 versions of the same costume for that simple a gag.

That said, I think seeing some reference to the Ice Bucket Challenge is possible. At the very least, they may consider it.

• Like 1

They wouldn't. If they did it, the performers would have to remove their mics prior. The bigger issue though would be that the costumes wouldn't have time to dry between shows. And no, it's incredibly unlikely that Universal would make 7 versions of the same costume for that simple a gag.

That said, I think seeing some reference to the Ice Bucket Challenge is possible. At the very least, they may consider it.

Given how you hear every day about some new celebrity doing the Ice Bucket Challenge, I would expect it would either be represented by a line of dialogue or in the video recorded screens.

I'm guessing the theme is going to be Hunger Games (in between Catching Fire and Mockingjay) or fairy tales (Frozen, Meleficent). Coincidently these have been the last two themes for The Hanging and Hollywoods Bill & Ted.

As for music:

Wasted and Turn Down For What

Anaconda- Nicky Minaj as the opening which can be tied into the viewer discretion pre show.

Bang Bang by Jesse J and Burn by Ellie Goulding could be set to some pryro.

Fancy or Black Widow Iggy Azalea

Happy Pharrell Williams

Everything Is Awesome from The Lego Movie

Hooked On A Feeling or Come And Get Your Love from Guardians of the Galaxy

Harlem by New Politics as the rock finale

Alright, I usually make a post every year about my entire prediction from plotline down to the finale. This year though, I have no idea what in the hell tey could even possibly be doing and it's not their fault. This was an awful year for pop culture and it has me sort of nervous.. The writers are always really creative and are able to pull together a great show, but even having the best of the best might not be able to save a year to forget. I really think we're looking at a theme/plotline from way out of left field this year just like 2010 (B&T replacement) and 2011 (green martian). So, since I'm totally stumped, I'm going to make this a "How I would Write This Year's Most Excellent Halloween Adventure" instead of a speculation post.

Opening Dance:

Bang Bang by Jessie J feat. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj

Mentioned above and it screams sexy, nothing-to-do-with-the-show-opening dance.

Alternates:

-Come With Me Now by KONGOS

This could be interesting with the right remix and I could see it happening. Also, sexy country cowgirls? Oh yes, please.

-Come Get it Bae by Pharrell feat. Miley Cyrus

Plotline:

It's Purge Night in San Dimas and Bill and Ted find their phone booth landing right in the middle of the streets after dark. Their phone booth is then of course taken and they are left forced to survive the night. Various pop culture good guys and bad guys appear and you know how it goes from there.

(This is probably highly unlikely with the Purge being at HHN this year. Might not be a great idea to parody a property at your event.. BUT they did do a show very loosely based on Cabin in the Woods and Evil Dead last year, so who knows? It's also the only movie/TV show/current event that I can think of that would work in a 40-minute B&T show. Nothing else has this good of a premise that can be used for that length.)

Alternative Plotline:

Bill and Ted go undercover (terribly of course) and become.. 69 Jump Street. This is VERY highly unlikely considering: a.) This really is a weak plotline and the movie wasnt THAT crazy popular that the general masses would get it. b.) This one is the real important one here.. with all of the stuff going on right now involving police in this country, it's probably just not a good idea.

I'll continue with the Purge plot line.

Appearances by/Jokes/References to:

-Miley Cyrus (why not keep punching the easy joke?)

-Planet of the Apes

-Kim kardashian and Kanye West wedding

-Justin Bieber gets arrested

-Sharknado 2

-Pot becomes legal in Colorado (B&T always is good for a drug reference joke)

-Some sort of iPhone joke

-Flappy Bird

-John Travolta butchers EVERYBODYS name

-The Winter Olympics not being finished/toilet fiasco (already mentioned above)

-The World Cup

-Some sort of joke about the Miami Heat bandwagon fanbase/LeBron leaving

-Donald Sterling (depends how safe they want to play it this year with racial jokes etc. after Hollywood getting canceled)

-Beyonce/JayZ/Solange elevator incident (already mentioned above, was big among teens on the soacial networks)

-Vine joke

-Justin Bieber arrested again

-Orange is the New Black

-Breaking Bad/Walter White

-The Walking Dead (Unless there is some sort of contract clause here.. how the hell do you not throw in at least a mention? Maybe with this being the possible last year for AMC at HHN they can go for it)

-How I Met Your Mother

-The Fault in Our Stars

-Disney's Planes flops

-A Million Ways to Die in the West

-Game of Thrones

-Michael Jackson hologram

-Justin Bieber arrested for 3rd time (running joke of the show.. he could be the only one arrested by authorities during the Purge)

-Lego movie (Probably like the Woody a few years ago with a cool costume, as mentioned above)

-Spiderman

-Avengers

-Guardians of the Galaxy

-Hercules

-22 Jump Street/Let's Be Cops (again, unlikely)

-Anchorman 2 (they did this BEFORE the movie last year because there wasnt much tow ork with.. do they use it again with not having anything to work with this time either?)

-Muppets Most Wanted (longshot)

Bill and Ted are captured right as dawn is about to break and are set to be auctioned off by the wealthy citizens, who reveal themselves to be.. Anna and Elsa from Frozen and Malificent. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles come in and save the day.

Again, seems like a long list, but most of that really shouldnt make the cut and a few are just quick jokes/references. As you see, a really weak pop culture year, and while I'm nervous about this year's show, I have faith that the writers can pull this out.

Finale:

Fancy by Iggy ft. Charlii XCX

Problem by Araiana Grande

Talk Dirty to Me by Jason Derulo

Shake it Off by Taylor Swift

Come with Me by KONGOS (if not intro)

Come Get it Bae by Pharrell (same as above)

Bang Bang by Jessie J feat Araiana and Nicki (same as above and above)

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj

Happy by Pharrel Williams

Black Widow by Iggy Azelea feat Rita Ora

And there ya have it. I was almost spot on with my predictin last year, so lets see how this goes. Can't wait to see the best show at any theme park on the planet!

Edited by Coast

That's a GREAT plot line. It'd be so simple and so effective, like Hollywood using the Hunger Games in 2012 (my favorite B&T of all time). I loved that they actually used rock music to open and close the show last year (from the same band and album no less) and would love for that to happen again.

Honestly, I will take ANY show that's not the 2012 one from Orlando. Most unwatchable, piece of garbage show ever produced by those writers.

I honestly thought that last year's show was one of the better ones I'd seen. I'm going to be seeing this year's show regardless, because even when it's not as good it's still entertaining, it gives me a break from all the running and screaming, plus it gets me off my feet. On a side note: Since this year was Keanu's 50th birthday, you think they'll mention this in the show?

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't find it to be a bad show, and it certainly beats the past two years. But I don't have any incentive to see it again. The show violates one of the biggest rules of parody: if you need to explain to the audience exactly what you're making fun of and why you need to make fun of it, it's not a very good parody. Go watch the 2006 show on YouTube (it's still easily available) and you'll see a much better example. All of the characters that year were obvious to the audience and didn't need their presence loudly announced and spelled out, and they had more focus on a smaller number of characters whereas this year tries to throw as much into the pot as possible until the "plot" is little more than random events connected only at the end of each scene. Also, I know for a fact that the writer has a personal beef with Disney. Hence the massive amount of anti-Disney content this year.

Lastly, I find it pretty unintentionally hilarious that they tried to mock Guardians of the Galaxy for its "outdated" and "shitty" soundtrack (AKA a soundtrack that's been #1 on iTunes for ages and was one of the most well received parts of the movie) while the show itself makes two uses of "Paradise City" and the pre-show music is a bunch of late 90s/early 2000s pop-punk.

Edited by Cody
  • Like 2

Is there any videos or specific events I should review before watching the show? I know a couple years ago was the Honey Badger that I had no idea about until I read about it on here, so if anyone who watched the show wants to make a list and put under a spoiler tab (the one where you click it... idk what you would call that lol) that would be very helpful :D

P.S. Don't tell me the REASON why I need to know it, BUT just the topic or person :)

Here's something that a lot of people didn't understand: the joke with the dancing panda. A while back, Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show made a mascot for himself, and it was Hashtag, the Dancing Panda. Watch a couple videos on it. Also, one other thing is that Jimmy thinks American Ninja Warrior is a stupid TV show, and that plays part in the same joke the first time.

• Like 1

Is there any videos or specific events I should review before watching the show? I know a couple years ago was the Honey Badger that I had no idea about until I read about it on here, so if anyone who watched the show wants to make a list and put under a spoiler tab (the one where you click it... idk what you would call that lol) that would be very helpful :D

P.S. Don't tell me the REASON why I need to know it, BUT just the topic or person :)

Less of an emphasis on online memes this year--tho the

dragon

may be one I'm unfamiliar with--mostly movies and cable TV shows.

In terms of the show, found it a step down from the past two years. Too much, "look, it's X," without any real element of parody. Obvious pop culture choices are missing, while we get a lot of, "yeah, I guess that was a thing." Also, with the exception of one pop music star at the end, none of the characters remotely resemble the real life celebs they're mocking. No Taylor Swift or Ron Burgundy this year. And the show shamelessly rehashes a joke from last year, and while I've heard the rationale, it still comes off as cheap and unfunny--setting up a gag that may or may not pay off in 4 years.

That said, the

Frozen

bits aren't comedy gold--they're comedy platinum. An entire show that caliber would rival even 2006.

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure