HHN 2013 Auditions

JDW

They were bald, slim/athletic with tank tops. Most were shorter than 5'10".

Then I'd be surprised if I'm for placed Havoc. I'm 6 foot and have a big build/frame. But who knows, it could be a change for this year.

Edited by Tooke

Then I'd be surprised if I'm for placed Havoc. I'm 6 foot and have a big build/frame. But who knows, it could be a change for this year.

Does it HAVE to be Havoc? Do we know that is a house this year for sure?

Edited by hhnfreak74

yesterday was my first time ever auditioning and i was cast! :D the role i was given was obvi a code name of some sort but i'm just wondering if that is supposed to remain a "secret" or if we can share it on here to "see" where we all are?

and question: do they always ask every year about shaving heads regardless of if they are going to actually use it or not? just wondering...

• Like 1

yesterday was my first time ever auditioning and i was cast! :D can you walk me through the audition please

Edited by Cflhorror

" In other words: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO BRING A RESUME! Doing so makes you look stupid, and you still have to write everything down. "

I disagree and say bringing a resume makes you look like you care and does not make you look stupid. It lets the casting directors know any experience you may have on stage or in theater, and if you've done any haunts in the past prior to HHN, I'm sure having that experience on paper doesn't hurt.

just my two cents.

• Like 1

" In other words: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO BRING A RESUME! Doing so makes you look stupid, and you still have to write everything down. "

I disagree and say bringing a resume makes you look like you care and does not make you look stupid. It lets the casting directors know any experience you may have on stage or in theater, and if you've done any haunts in the past prior to HHN, I'm sure having that experience on paper doesn't hurt.

just my two cents.

Agreed, I turned my resume and headshot in... I think it makes you stand out and look professional, at least for first timers like myself.

I wrote that last year, based on my 2010/2011 experiences. Those years didn't "require" resumes, as the casting sheets had the section where you could write pertinent experience. And, personally, I think it's beneficial to use what they give you so they know exactly where to look if they need the information. The audition is a type-out, and I've seen people with two-page resumes of haunt and theater experience not get cast. I feel it's unnecessary.

(I also believe 40% of their decision is made as you walk into the room.)

Rereading the article this year, I realize I could have phrased it differently. "Stupid," was a horrible word choice. However, my personal perspective on it stands based on my experiences.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when I should be getting the email giving my code name and schedule? I know that it could take up to four weeks but I was wondering if anyone else has been getting them.

Like mentioned, within four weeks. Some have received it, others haven't.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when I should be getting the email giving my code name and schedule? I know that it could take up to four weeks but I was wondering if anyone else has been getting them.

It appears streets are getting cast first this year, so if you're in a house it may be next week.

• Like 1