Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Alcohol as a cryptic clue? One can only dream of them taming the alcohol. This isnt directed at those of you who are responsible, but the amount of drunks wandering the park is most of the time a safety issue for the actors and other guests.

• Like 1

You're part of the Illuminati?

o no u found me!!!!!

My sinister goals have been foiled once again by those who are of intornet.

(Bonus trivia: I never even offered evidence to that person.)

Maybe, due to the shortage of actors, they'll be using the drunks for the zombies that shall roam the park.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 2

My theory is that the 8th house is tied with the overall theme of the year, I mean Evil Takes Root might be it for all I know but I highly doubt it, especially since evil taking root has nothing to do with stuff like Walking Dead and AWIL. I'm guessing we'll get one more video, PS will go back in to the woods and if the rumors are true and Resident Evil is the 8th house, then she will stumble across something Umbrella related, maybe the entrance to one of their facilities or even the mansion from the first game. Also, it would make sense to make the theme Resident Evil since they said zombies will be wandering the park. Throw in a couple of B.O.W.s and a few Umbrella soldiers and we have a bad ass street experience, instead of a bunch of boring ass zombies wandering around the park. But this is just my little theory on the matter.

o no u found me!!!!!

My sinister goals have been foiled once again by those who are of intornet.

(Bonus trivia: I never even offered evidence to that person.)

Lmao

Maybe, due to the shortage of actors, they'll be using the drunks for the zombies that shall roam the park.

I heard that the Zombies will all be from Walking Dead "No RE/ Umbrella" and That in the Different areas the Zombies will be more Decayed than other areas (example would be that in Atlanta area the zombies will be freshly turned and The Barn area you will see some Decay and so on) Has anyone else heard this?

• Like 1

Well, putting the winning design of a nationally televised competition is pointless. You see most house scareactors for a second. Putting it randomly in the streets allows guests to see it, but unless its on stilts it can be difficult to find a single character in the streets. The only conceivable place to put a design like that is in a photo-op.

• Like 2

Agreed it is the annoyance factor. They want you to participate but they can't get their act together long enough for you to GET involved.

Usually by this time I'm full blown excited... And I LIKE the lineup of houses this year. I feel they have completely mishandled their update schedule and build up.

If you are going to say biweekly updates... have biweekly updates. If you are going to pose your marketing as something to figure out... give us something to figure out.

I you say it's reveal week (bc for all intents and purposes it SHOULD have been based on years of data to go off) then flipping reveal everything.

I don't care really anymore. HHN used to be my escape. Too many tragedies for me this year though and they have failed to captivate.

Someone on the inside leaked the house list (in March) in such a way it HAD to be someone working on it. (Deals weren't even done yet) Fine and good. But don't pretend we don't have the info.

All PS has done is drop clues to houses we already knew. Heck Dr Jimmy's clues and whomever the IFRIT is were more interesting to figure out. The PS clues are not even in order. For example: "Aren't You Listening" is a clue to TWD (Jared Leto received a severed ear in the mail in March with a note that simply said "Are you listening?") BUT the clue came out after we already had the ear video. What's the point?

It's all very underwhelming and there was no reason it had to be. The theme on the site could have tied in to the event in a major. Now its very minor and almost an after thought the way it will be represented. But the build up is typically as much fun as the event itself and I feel it was very botched.

LT did nothing from months since Horror Extreme.

PS was meant for... Who exactly? The GP who don't care? Surely not the diehards who already knew all the houses. Some vague group of people who are interested but not that interested? I don't get it.

I'm still excited for the event. I can't wait to go on the UTH tour and am pondering WHICH ones I want it to be. I am thankful to Mike for the damage control with his pic updates and what not. It's just not enough for me to really care or get involved. I'll go to the event, hand out my ear necklaces, enjoy the houses, do UTH, and be on my way. But I don't care about whatever games we get or anything outside of going. (I can't even get an email confirmation to either of my emails in over a month).

Jeramy, once again you spoke everything EXACTLY the way I've been feeling it. I made a more general, generic comment on the HU FB page basically stating that the "reveal week" was rather anticlimactic.. but really, the entire process has been anticlimactic.

I'm more annoyed than intrigued by PS. Frankly, I think we should just call it BS from now on. I have no idea who is supposed to give a crap about that.

Believe it or not, I was more excited this time last year when they posted those little videos for Silent Hill and P&T.. at least those were entertaining. Plus, even though I'd never played Silent Hill or seen the movie, I thought the video was cool because their videos are usually ALWAYS cool.. plus the music gave me goosebumps. I have yet to break out into goosebumps from anything posted so far and August is almost over. So frustrating! Especially because I really am looking forward to this event!

We will be there that weekend as well- maybe a meet up of the Illinois "collective" is in order? :)

I didn't even think about AWIL on a tour.. with photo opportunities.. NOW YOU ARE TALKING!

Yeah, obviously nobody really thought out any of this it seems. The story is pointless and it isn't giving us anything new so I'm not sure what the point of it all is. Hopefully they'll learn from this year because this year has definitely been interesting..