Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

soo hhn FB posts:

Seven houses and one terrifying street experience have been revealed… but it’s not over yet. Which house are you most excited about? We’re excited to tell you about the 8th house.

2 hrs later they post

They give a date for the last house (the 29th) and then remove...

Please fire and/or kill whoever does social media for Universal :chainsaw:

seriously what in the holy hell?

You're reveal week doesn't involve the actual full reveal that always happens during this week?

• Like 1

You guys need to chill, really, it's not that serious. Relax besides the 29th is around the corner. I know I know, how dare I, right.

there wont be a reveal on the 29th they got rid of that date on the last post becuase it was a error on there social marketing side

before the 8th house reveal which may be the full site reveal something has to happen first. Someone has to go back into the woods.

Oooor PS is still alive and stumbled upon this opulent mansion in the middle of the forest...and inside lies the secret to EVERYTHING. Hint hint

there wont be a reveal on the 29th they got rid of that date on the last post becuase it was a error on there social marketing side
Big deal, it might be the 27th or the 30th, people are taking this waaaay to seriously it almost worries me. Besides, i'm looking at hhn orlando's wall, and see a post that says there will be 4 houses revealed, not 5 on reveal week. Enjoy the joys of life and you'll see that opening weekend will be here before you know it. Complaining and crying wont change a thing.
  • Like 1

Or... there WILL be a reveal on the 29th, and they took the date down because they didn't want the date announced yet.

I'm just immensely annoyed that Reveal Week didn't end with a full reveal. It makes the whole thing feel wholly unnecessary.

• Like 3

Agreed it is the annoyance factor. They want you to participate but they can't get their act together long enough for you to GET involved.

Usually by this time I'm full blown excited... And I LIKE the lineup of houses this year. I feel they have completely mishandled their update schedule and build up.

If you are going to say biweekly updates... have biweekly updates. If you are going to pose your marketing as something to figure out... give us something to figure out.

I you say it's reveal week (bc for all intents and purposes it SHOULD have been based on years of data to go off) then flipping reveal everything.

I don't care really anymore. HHN used to be my escape. Too many tragedies for me this year though and they have failed to captivate.

Someone on the inside leaked the house list (in March) in such a way it HAD to be someone working on it. (Deals weren't even done yet) Fine and good. But don't pretend we don't have the info.

All PS has done is drop clues to houses we already knew. Heck Dr Jimmy's clues and whomever the IFRIT is were more interesting to figure out. The PS clues are not even in order. For example: "Aren't You Listening" is a clue to TWD (Jared Leto received a severed ear in the mail in March with a note that simply said "Are you listening?") BUT the clue came out after we already had the ear video. What's the point?

It's all very underwhelming and there was no reason it had to be. The theme on the site could have tied in to the event in a major. Now its very minor and almost an after thought the way it will be represented. But the build up is typically as much fun as the event itself and I feel it was very botched.

LT did nothing from months since Horror Extreme.

PS was meant for... Who exactly? The GP who don't care? Surely not the diehards who already knew all the houses. Some vague group of people who are interested but not that interested? I don't get it.

I'm still excited for the event. I can't wait to go on the UTH tour and am pondering WHICH ones I want it to be. I am thankful to Mike for the damage control with his pic updates and what not. It's just not enough for me to really care or get involved. I'll go to the event, hand out my ear necklaces, enjoy the houses, do UTH, and be on my way. But I don't care about whatever games we get or anything outside of going. (I can't even get an email confirmation to either of my emails in over a month).

• Like 3

what are the odds in them doing the AWIL house in the UTH tour? I'd KILL to have a picture with that damn werewolf...

And I'm gonna agree with JWF's rant above. The PS character was rather lame and the LT stuff went from zero to confusing in like 1 day. I liked the build up of years past for sure.

With that said I think this year is going to be SICK. Good line up of houses (so far), gonna see some TWD scenes replicated in the streets... I'm pretty stoked to get there. Oct 3,4 and 5 cant come soon enough!!!!

• Like 4