Welcome to Horror Night Nightmares
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2281 replies to this topic

Voodoo

Voodoo

Daydreamer

• 9 posts

It made money.

Yes, but doesn't the event always make money? I mean if that's the case then I guess we can go ahead and make the assumption that next year's HHN will be entirely based on TWD? We're already half-way there.

dolphan77

dolphan77

Ordinary Dreamer

• Banned
  • 129 posts
Ok, I didn't wanna do it but looks like I don't have a choice. Time to put the boards back on suicide watch, took long enough lol. And this is without ONE set piece put on the ground yet, and it's still July. I am genuinly concerned this year :-p As for me, im freaggin EXCITED and hope to see the governors torcher chamber first hand. Relax folks, it's not the end of the world.
  • Dr. D and HhnBrian like this

Hush

Hush

Having Nightmares

• 1,272 posts

Users Awards

I speculate that with the official announcment of the inclusion of TWD at this years event, people will start to complain.

Wait, that's not a speculation, it happened with the initial announcement of CITW and Evil Dead. (And I admit initially I wasn't thrilled with those choices, but sometimes campy can wind up being fun and scary....we shall see.)

Very interested to see what is in store this year regardless....

• King_K., dolphan77, hunnylvr and 1 other like this
Posted Image

I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. I'm all out of bubble gum.

doesithavetodowithhorror

doesithavetodowithhorror

Daydreamer

• 5 posts

I think the trouble with speculation is you're always gutted when they don't go with the idea you came up with and totally had your heart set on.

I for one was hella excited for a overarching woodland theme with various zones representing the nasty things you'd find in the forest

....more fool me.

I think in future I wont let my imagination get the better of me... take a leaf out of universal's book

• JDW likes this

LV-426

LV-426

Having Nightmares

• 4,831 posts

Users Awards

Look dont let naysayers ruin your expectations. The event will blow your mind. Trust me. You'll love it and become addicted like everyone else. Not that people here dont have a reason to bitch. I believe a lot do. Is this gonna be like HHN 18 (or insert your fav year here)? Probably not. But it will be huge in scale and awesome houses and you will shit yourself with excitement. The 3 IP's so far are all awesome.

Trust me... even a bad day at HHN is better than a good day at 99% of most events. Dont go in nit-picking everything. Just go and enjoy yourself! Life is good at HHN!

Ok, I didn't wanna do it but looks like I don't have a choice. Time to put the boards back on suicide watch, took long enough lol. And this is without ONE set piece put on the ground yet, and it's still July. I am genuinly concerned this year :-p As for me, im freaggin EXCITED and hope to see the governors torcher chamber first hand. Relax folks, it's not the end of the world.

why are people freaking out?

Because we already had a house and a zone and they both sucked. I mean, yes what I am saying is obvious, but it should be obvious why people are unhappy with this.
The zone was nothing special and at night it got so crowded you couldn't tell the guests from the actors. The zombie costumes were nothing special and the actors couldn't even be scary. They couldn't even act aggresively. (both in the house and the street)
that's why people are mad. Because the first experiece we had with Walking Dead was not a great one. Can this year be better? sure, it can. But making every single street zone Walking Dead related is going to suck even if they do a good job with the sets.

The worst thing about this is that Universal Didn't  have the main characters of the show for Walking Dead. What is the point of seeing sets from scenes of the show or using the same props from the show when the Most Important aspect of the show is missing?

This "Street Experience" idea would be good if they had the main characters as well. Imagine seeing Rick or Michonne or Hershel in one of the scarezones? that would be amazing. Imagine seeing Rick in the house or Daryl. that would be cool.

we don't know anything about this year, but from experience I am expecting it to suck. AMC is in charge of Walking Dead and it was because of AMC that the house and the streets sucked so much last year. so even if this year is cool, AMC might mess it up again.

• Dr. D and Coast like this

dolphan77

dolphan77

Ordinary Dreamer

• Banned
  • 129 posts
Only some are freaking out, not the majority as you would like to point out.
  • Coast and HhnBrian like this

LV-426

LV-426

Having Nightmares

• 4,831 posts

Users Awards

Only some are freaking out, not the majority as you would like to point out.

I take it you haven't been to facebook yet?
Also, another problem is that a lot of people are happy because they love the show. But not because it will be a good street experience.  hardcore fans of the show will defend this no matter what, (which is what I am seeing on facebook)

i mean, Honestly, how can an entire park full of zombies be any good? every zone zombies? how does that sound good?

Edited by LV-426, 25 July 2013 - 04:42 PM.

dolphan77

dolphan77

Ordinary Dreamer

• Banned
  • 129 posts
Yes i have, add those numbers and tell me if they comprise the MAJORITY of people that made TWD an over 90 minute house day in and day out, exactly.

dolphan77

dolphan77

Ordinary Dreamer

• Banned
  • 129 posts
Sounds good to me.

LV-426

LV-426

Having Nightmares

• 4,831 posts

Users Awards

what was the feedback of last year's WD house and street zone like?

dolphan77

dolphan77

Ordinary Dreamer

• Banned
  • 129 posts
Aparently not bad enough when they just released the house again and street experiences based on twd. Could be a universal conspiring against you, just never know. The truth is out there.
  • HhnBrian likes this

LV-426

LV-426

Having Nightmares

• 4,831 posts

Users Awards

lol. I mean, if you are a walking dead fan by all means be happy. But having every single horde and scarezone be zombies sounds a little boring to me. It doesn't even have to be zombies. Vampires, beasts, chainsaws. If they made every single zone the same it would just be boring I think.
what's the difference between going from one zone to the other if all you are going to see is zombies in really crappy masks just walking around?

King_K.

King_K.

Having Nightmares

• 2,625 posts

Users Awards

what was the feedback of last year's WD house and street zone like?

From what I remember, high.

As for myself, I'm pretty damn excited about this year. That's coming from someone who likes TWD but isn't a fanboy or GP. I'm excited an event that I love is coming back for it's yearly visit. For all of those people that have been whining and complaining, just chill. Don't just judge a book by a cover, that's foolish. At least go to the event once. When you do, I'm sure alot of people, including myself would be a lot more welcoming about your opinion about this year. 

• LV-426, Dr. D, dolphan77 and 1 other like this

7xmm.png

Attended VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI, XXII, XXIII

Scareactor HHN XXII | HHN XXIII | HHNXIV

Legacy

Legacy

Having Nightmares

• Scareactor
  • 2,122 posts

Users Awards
Well... If you don't want TWD, be specific in your complaints...
  • dolphan77 likes this

Captain of the Speculation Police

Posted Image

dolphan77

dolphan77

Ordinary Dreamer

• Banned
  • 129 posts
Besides, the facebook crowd was the one expecting a Bioshock and/or Dead Space house, so i would take their criticism with a grain of salt.
  • LV-426 and faceleg like this

LV-426

LV-426

Having Nightmares

• 4,831 posts

Users Awards

I'm still waiting for that Slenderman house lol :lol: :lol:

• dolphan77 and faceleg like this

dolphan77

dolphan77

Ordinary Dreamer

• Banned
  • 129 posts
Lol :-)
  • LV-426 likes this

PeoriaBJJ

PeoriaBJJ

Prophetic Dreamer

• 400 posts
My parents live in Vero Beach. My mom just called and said the local news was at Uni talking to someone about HHN. Then my mom says "Are you excited about the American Werewolf in London stuff"? I guess either the news anchor or the Uni rep specifically mentioned it. I think someone might have slipped up. Maybe. No clue what station or anything. I'll look around and see if it gets posted to a stations website. I'll call my mom later and she if she remembers what station.... She's at Zumba class now! LOL!
  • LV-426, Pumpkin and hunnylvr like this

universalhorror1.jpg

HHN years attended - 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

JDW

JDW

Having Nightmares

• Support Staff
  • 4,015 posts

Users Awards

Its a little premature and I can't disclose or verify anything I've heard... But just to smooth some ruffles there should be more than just TWD. So there is still hope. TWD will be dominant. BUT we will get some other things.

• Reaper, LV-426 and hunnylvr like this

rtl2lv.png

Your sins will be read to you ceaselessly, in shifts, throughout eternity. The list will never end.

LV-426

LV-426

Having Nightmares

• 4,831 posts

Users Awards

My parents live in Vero Beach. My mom just called and said the local news was at Uni talking to someone about HHN. Then my mom says "Are you excited about the American Werewolf in London stuff"? I guess either the news anchor or the Uni rep specifically mentioned it. I think someone might have slipped up. Maybe. No clue what station or anything. I'll look around and see if it gets posted to a stations website. I'll call my mom later and she if she remembers what station.... She's at Zumba class now! LOL!

wow that's pretty interesting. it would be funny if they slipped up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users