Welcome to Horror Night Nightmares
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Knotts Scary Farm 2013 Wishful Thinking/Speculation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

DTH316

DTH316

Having Nightmares

• 5,126 posts

Users Awards
"Check out this great review of Trick-Or-Treat the Maze. You'll be able to see for yourself at Haunt 2013 if you missed it..."
- Facebook

And just like that, Knotts has announced Trick-Or-Treat will be returning for the 2013 season. No surprise, but there you have it.

AlotofMonsters1_zpsbc0763f6.png

Thanks Kursed!

Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood

2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

Freak

Freak

Having Nightmares

• 3,896 posts

Users Awards
I've been wanting to start this, but thanks for doing this! I'm surprised you did so as you said in your review that you were "done with Knott's". Haha

Speculation:

So here is what we have so far: Slaughterhouse and Trick-Or-Treat will be back one more year. Trapped will (Most-likely) also be back as a sequel house according to their FB page.

I have been hearing that Virus Z, Fallout Shelter, Uncle Bobo's, and Dia de los Muertos will for sure be gone for 2013. It's possible that Terror of London might leave, but I think it may stay for one more year. I'm personally ready for something totally new by Mystery Lodge.

I have heard another rumor that they will no lo0nger be using the bumper cars arena or the Jaguar/Lake area. They may build two or three more warehouses backstage just for Haunt.

I was absolutely thrilled to see what Knott's did this year. I'm really excited to see what Knott's does next year as they (In my personal opinion) have finally become the haunt that they have needed to be!

Wishful thinking:

I don't really have much to say here except that they need new writers for the Hanging. Seriously.

AWilSig1_zpsfbd450d5.png

Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood: 2009 I 2010 I 2011 I 2012 I 2013

Halloween Horror Nights: Orlando 2010 I 2013

The Riddlers Son

The Riddlers Son

Daydreamer

• 64 posts
I figured Trick Or Treat would be back and I'm totally ok With! If I can say anything I hope they extend the maze more!

I believe Slaughterhouse, Pinocchio Unstrung, Delirium, Endgames, and Dominion of the Dead are going to return aswell! Which is cool with me!

Mazes I don't wanna see Back Dia, Uncle BoBos, Fallout Shelter, and Virus Z those mazes need to throw in the towel already!

I hope they add more warehouse mazes cuz I think those are the best locations for a maze at Knotts!

Umm other than that I hope more new mazes come in original based! But although I would like them to do movie based mazes again

DTH316

DTH316

Having Nightmares

• 5,126 posts

Users Awards
Hey, I can start a thread, but I ain't attending lol *holds breath*

And no way they're getting rid of Virus Z. Zombies are just too big right now.
I'm pretty sure Dia, Bobos & Fallout will make way for the traditional average of 3 new mazes per year though. (funny enough, all the 3D mazes)
I wish I could say Slaughterhouse and London are done but we'll see.

Edited by DTH316, 02 December 2012 - 06:09 AM.

Thanks Kursed!

Freak

Freak

Having Nightmares

• 3,896 posts

Users Awards

I'm pretty sure Dia, Bobos & Fallout will make way for the traditional average of 3 new mazes per year though. (funny enough, all the 3D mazes)
I wish I could say Slaughterhouse and London are done but we'll see.

Someone I knew talked to Jeff Tucker about Haunt. He told him that they are for sure going to have five new houses at least. Plus, they want to make Trapped an all-new experience. I would expect to see six new houses (Including Trapped II).

Also, they officially announced on their FB page that Slaughterhouse would be back. In case you missed it:

Sorry, Uncle Willy's was closed for Thanksgiving. Look for your favorite dishes to return in 2013.

AWilSig1_zpsfbd450d5.png

The Riddlers Son

The Riddlers Son

Daydreamer

• 64 posts

And no way they're getting rid of Virus Z. Zombies are just too big right now.

True, I think they will do a new zombie based maze! (I hope)

I'm actually glad SlaughterHouse is coming back cuz of the total new face lift it got this year it was a really good change!

That's cool they are doing a Trapped 2! I didn't get to do it this year so I will most likely do next year!

Trevler

Trevler

Having Nightmares

• Scareactor
  • 1,455 posts

Users Awards
Slaughterhouse was practically a new maze this year (and my favorite!) so I'm glad it'll be coming back. I hope they dont do more warehouse mazes though- I like having my haunts spread out across the park and I really didnt care for having 4 of the clustered so close together like that. 6 or 7 would be even worse!

DTH316

DTH316

Having Nightmares

• 5,126 posts

Users Awards
Okay, seriously, what was the last thing in Slaughterhouse's spot? Red Beard's Revenge? It's time for something new there, even if the maze got a facelift... or maybe more accurately, a face transplant. But still.

Thanks Kursed!

zombieman

zombieman

Dream Maker

• 640 posts

Slaughterhouse was practically a new maze this year (and my favorite!) so I'm glad it'll be coming back. I hope they dont do more warehouse mazes though- I like having my haunts spread out across the park and I really didnt care for having 4 of the clustered so close together like that. 6 or 7 would be even worse!

I like the idea of houses clustered together.  If you ever go to Orlando HHN or Tampa HOS, you will not believe the amount of walking you need to do to go from one house to another. 

But having said this, I always thought the transition between the two Knotts warehouse mazes was a little abrupt. 

Mr.HHN

Mr.HHN

Having Nightmares

• 1,797 posts

Users Awards

I like the idea of houses clustered together.  If you ever go to Orlando HHN or Tampa HOS, you will not believe the amount of walking you need to do to go from one house to another. 

But having said this, I always thought the transition between the two Knotts warehouse mazes was a little abrupt. 

I agree with you same deal a magic mountain fright fest but i like them like that because you get to walk through the scare zones and through out the entire park not have 4 or 5 mazes clustered together have them separated with scare zones in the areas you have to walk to get to them.

1014140_487584558002410_582134534_n.jpg

"We're all stars now in the Dope Show."

Attended HHN 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013

Freak

Freak

Having Nightmares

• 3,896 posts

Users Awards

I've heard lots of really odd rumors that I thought I would share.

-I've heard some really odd rumor that Eli Roth might be doing a house this year.

-They might have Evil Dead as a full-blown house

-I've heard some themes ranging from a medieval castle to a haunted hotel to possibly be used.

If you look at some of the pictures of the Fallout Shelter pics that Knott's posted right after the event ended, you can just barely make out a ghost. I wonder if they're hinting at a ghost icon?

AWilSig1_zpsfbd450d5.png

Stitch_101

Stitch_101

Prophetic Dreamer

• 484 posts
^ The Evil Dead house would blow any chances HHN has at Evil Dead this year. I finding it interesting reading both an Eli Roth rumor and haunted hotel in the same rumors list. Goretorium anyone?
Posted Image

Former Member Of Team HHN Orlando ~ 2005 ~ 2006 ~ 2007 ~ 2008 ~ 2009 ~ 2010 ~
New Member Of Team HHN Hollywood ~ 2012 ~

Freak

Freak

Having Nightmares

• 3,896 posts

Users Awards

^ The Evil Dead house would blow any chances HHN has at Evil Dead this year. I finding it interesting reading both an Eli Roth rumor and haunted hotel in the same rumors list. Goretorium anyone?

I'm not sure how the string of rights work, but I think HHN Hollywood could still do an Evil Dead house based on the original while Knott's does the remake.

AWilSig1_zpsfbd450d5.png

Stitch_101

Stitch_101

Prophetic Dreamer

• 484 posts
^ Well Sam Raimi owns the rights to the original, and he is also producing the remake. I don't think he would he would go behind Sony's back and give HHN the rights to the original after Sony gave the remake rights to Knott's. That would be a huge show of bad faith on his part.
Posted Image

Former Member Of Team HHN Orlando ~ 2005 ~ 2006 ~ 2007 ~ 2008 ~ 2009 ~ 2010 ~
New Member Of Team HHN Hollywood ~ 2012 ~

Tobias

Tobias

Ordinary Dreamer

• 189 posts

Looking at TPA's review of Terror of London, they've been getting recent reports that it's been torn down. Should be interesting seeing what replaces it since the Mystery Lodge location is one of the more challenging venues due to it's sheer size. 

zombieman

zombieman

Dream Maker

• 640 posts

Hmmm...

Evil Dead - Knott's style.

I'm picturing Virus Z, with Carrie waving the Necronomicon at you...

Seriously, what they did with Evil Dead and Carrie were both so half-assed, why not combine them and make a full ass?

Looking at TPA's review of Terror of London, they've been getting recent reports that it's been torn down. Should be interesting seeing what replaces it since the Mystery Lodge location is one of the more challenging venues due to it's sheer size. 

Torn down?  Are you implying it has traditionally been left up most of the year?  I would imagine the weather would have destroyed it pretty quickly.

DTH316

DTH316

Having Nightmares

• 5,126 posts

Users Awards

They always get torn down, even in the warehouses.

Thanks Kursed!

Freak

Freak

Having Nightmares

• 3,896 posts

Users Awards

I've heard another odd rumor regarding Knott's. I know this was thrown around last year, but there's a possibility they might be reducing the number of houses back down to ten. With the Log Ride being renovated, they might not want to use it for Haunt this year.

I've also heard that they may use the stagecoach trail again for one more year.

AWilSig1_zpsfbd450d5.png

ferox

ferox

Having Nightmares

• 3,131 posts

Users Awards

I think Eli is too protective of Goretorium to make a lower quality version of it somewhere else. 

wzejXrC.png

zombieman

zombieman

Dream Maker

• 640 posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Knott's scale the house number down in a big way, as long as they also drastically reduce the life span of the houses.  There is just no reason to run a house for 4-5 years.

I'd be fine with just 7-8 houses, each with the detail level of Trick or Treat, and a promise to not run any house more than 2 years straight.  Oh yeah - and a ten year moratorium on clown mazes and vampire mazes, please.

That would be cool.

As it is, we're gonna get Trick or Treat, Pinocchio, and Trapped until 2015 at least....

And freakin' Dia will probably be there when the current monster crew is on Social Security.

• DTH316 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users