Additions to rides during HHN.

I love Jurassic Park during hhn, but to me it can be improved upon. The name doesn't poorest what the ride is supposed to be. It should be completely dark with strobes going off when the dinosaurs are closest towards you. No narration just the sounds of the animals (except for welcome to the jungle on the last part).

The mummy could also have some additions. A couple dead bodies throughout the queue, maybe a new soundtrack in the arena portion would be nice.

Would you guys like more additions to the rides?

It would be nice to have some small additions to the rides (like adding fog machines to the dino scenes at JP), but if it's going to drain the budget, then it's really not necessary. Just spend the money where it really needs to be.

Of course, if there's a little extra money left over, then why not?

There's plenty of ideas that could be done!! -- but it'll interfere with daily operations. I'd love to see dead mannequins and such littered throughout the rides and in the queues but I know it won't bode well with daytime guests EVEN THOOOOUGH that stuff is already littered throughout in the scarezones and on the Studio Tour. This daily operations junk is a bunch of hogwash.

We should be able to get some evil clowns operating The Simpsons Ride. Or some zombie NEST working running Transformers. But who knows... we can only dream...

• 3 months later...

There's plenty of ideas that could be done!! -- but it'll interfere with daily operations. I'd love to see dead mannequins and such littered throughout the rides and in the queues but I know it won't bode well with daytime guests EVEN THOOOOUGH that stuff is already littered throughout in the scarezones and on the Studio Tour. This daily operations junk is a bunch of hogwash.

We should be able to get some evil clowns operating The Simpsons Ride. Or some zombie NEST working running Transformers. But who knows... we can only dream...

I agree it is very disappointing. The only real comparison I can make is to Kings Island's Halloween Haunt. They have there park covered top to bottom, front to back including rides and ride queues with Halloween decorations and sets including dead bodies and skeletons. From my understanding there has never been any problems with it interfering or being complained about during their normal daily operations. Maybe it's difference in demographics or something, but for me sounds like Universal is being a little too coddling to the FAR more sensitive guests. I mean come on, It's Halloween! Being the daily guests a little Halloween spirit too :-P

Edited by Stitch_101
  • Like 1

I agree it is very disappointing. The only real comparison I can make is to Kings Island's Halloween Haunt. They have there park covered top to bottom, front to back including rides and ride queues with Halloween decorations and sets including dead bodies and skeletons. From my understanding there has never been any problems with it interfering or being complained about during their normal daily operations. Maybe it's difference in demographics or something, but for me sounds like Universal is being a little too coddling to the FAR more sensitive guests. I mean come on, It's Halloween! Being the daily guests a little Halloween spirit too :-P

I think a lot of it has to do with copyright issues which is why there can't be any decorations on Transformers or Simpsons. I don't understand why they can't have any on JP or Mummy though...maybe it's "too shocking" for daytime guests? That better not be the case as the scarezones have a lot of that stuff OUTSIDE for all to see!

I dont understand how a couple decorations are too jarring for guest. If a man can get eaten by bugs and dinosaurs can attack you then a few bodies shouldnt be a problem. Really wish they can somehow do a treehouse of horrors overlay, it doesnt have to be for hhn only just during the halloween season.

I dont understand how a couple decorations are too jarring for guest. If a man can get eaten by bugs and dinosaurs can attack you then a few bodies shouldnt be a problem. Really wish they can somehow do a treehouse of horrors overlay, it doesnt have to be for hhn only just during the halloween season.

The problem with doing a Treehouse of Horrors overlay is that it would cost a lot of money to get permission from FOX AND they would have to animate, voise, and record new footage, reconfigure the motion system, and write a new script. They would essentially be creating a whole new ride just for the event in terms of cost.

• Like 2

The problem with doing a Treehouse of Horrors overlay is that it would cost a lot of money to get permission from FOX AND they would have to animate, voise, and record new footage, reconfigure the motion system, and write a new script. They would essentially be creating a whole new ride just for the event in terms of cost.

even if it is the same movie for the ride but just halloween themed? they could leave the motion system the same and the voices the same but just make a new video that was darker? I mean, that has always been my question about the one here in Florida. What if they just made the ride darker but with the same everything. same movements and same voices,

• 3 weeks later...

Been saying it for years, but the easiest option is switching out the clips in the queue for Treehouse of Horror clips. I think expecting anything grander is a little over the top and just not plausible.

Again, I'm pretty sure they would have to get permission from FOX just to do that. They can't even have one single scareactor in front of that ride without Uni getting in trouble from them.

Okay i need to chime in here with the whole Simpsons ride/Treehouse of Horrors conversion thing... the creators of the Simpsons ride "WANTED & had PLANNED" a Halloween time conversion for the ride. They pushed for it, at least for the Orlando ride. Universal said "no" to it because they didnt want to change up the ride yet since it was still "new". :rolleyes: They wanted to wait for the hype over the ride to die down (which... you know, only took like all of 2 months after it opened)..

Orlando just got (really cool) midway games installed within the ride's facade last month. We're also rumored to be getting either Krusty Burger, Moe's Tavern or both within the next coming months. Now if you ask me, all this attention to Simpsons would be the perfect opportunity for Universal to rectify their stupidity and obtaining that Treehouse of Horror/Halloween ride conversion. (I believe it was rumored to be the haunted house ride you see a banner/poster for.. located within Krustyland). All they'd be doing is changing the ridefilm. whether or not the ride film would match the pre-programmed simulator movements is another story.

But the point is... a Simpsons conversion was planned... but Universal were the ones that shot it down, not FOX. Besides... if Disneyland can do ride conversions (ones that are much more elaborate) for the Holidays, UNI can do the same for HHN.

Hell... Shrek has 2 SHORT holiday movies "Scared Shrekless" & "Shrek The Halls"... both of which could be easily converted to 3D and incorporate scents or something if needed. Again... completely missed opportunities by Universal that would really offer something new to guests during the two holidays.

• 6 months later...

even if it is the same movie for the ride but just halloween themed? they could leave the motion system the same and the voices the same but just make a new video that was darker? I mean, that has always been my question about the one here in Florida. What if they just made the ride darker but with the same everything. same movements and same voices,

It would be ridiculous to have a Treehouse of Horrors ride with the same movements and audio. Even ignoring the cost of creating a video that could be perfectly synced to the current audio and video. How would it even begin to make sense to introduce these extra horror elements but have them not mentioned by anyone in the video?

The Mummy ride could get an easy makeover though. It's already a pretty gruesome ride. In the queue there's multiple dead bodies and a ghostly woman summoning demons by name. In the ride there's...well you've been on it.

Anyway...even more fog in the Imhotep room with Imhotep lit up by strobes...different music maybe?

Mummies stalking the last room would be great too.

• 4 months later...