Dates for HHN XXI

Guest HHNPicMan

Guest FL Universal Jax

According to Universal's website under park hours, Halloween Horror Nights will start September 23, 2011. The October hours are not out yet, but it looks like we have 4 nights in September this year. Also, it looks like we have a Thursday night available starting the second week of Horror Nights. Here are the dates so far...

September 23, 24, 29, 30

23 = Friday

24 = Saturday

29 = Thursday

30 = Friday

So I will also assume that Saturday October 1, will be an event night as well. It looks as if they may be trying to go with 25 nights this year. Or, perhaps they are looking to end the event on Monday October 31, instead of carrying it over until November 5.

Here is the link to the park hours... Park Hours

I'm pretty open about the dates, since I might not make it to the event this year either, but they better not end the event on Sunday the 30th. It would take the Halloween out of Halloween Horror Nights.

You hit the nail right on the head. Not having HHN on Halloween would be horrible. October 31st is my favorite night to attend HHN and if they ended the event on the 30th that would really suck. Besides I don't think Uni will do that to us...

I'm pretty open about the dates, since I might not make it to the event this year either, but they better not end the event on Sunday the 30th. It would take the Halloween out of Halloween Horror Nights.

I know they usually go to the Sunday night around Halloween....so with it being on a Monday night I am not sure what they're going to do. I, personally, hope they don't have it finish on a Monday night. By that point of the event I am tired and so having to work on a Monday night wouldn't make me all that happy.

The dates should look like this.

September 23, 24 (Opening Weekend)

September 29, 30, October 1, 2 (2nd Week)

October 6, 7, 8, 9 (3rd Week)

October 13, 14, 15, 16 (4th Week)

October 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 (5th Week, "Hell Week")

October 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 (6th Week)

Total: 24 Nights

One less night than last year! I don't think they would add Halloween the 31st seeing as its a Monday.

In 2012, Halloween is on a Wednesday, however I believe HHN will end on October 28th in 2012. We probably won't see a Halloween at HHN till 2014 when its on a Friday of closing weekend that year, the event would end on November 2nd. Of course, the powers that be could change all this. :)

The last time Halloween fell on a Wednesday they did stretch it to that weekend. I remember going on Nov 3 in 2001, the last night of the event. There's even video of that night, somewhere!

I also think that the last time Halloween was a Monday, it was also open, in 2005!

We may be in North Carolina, but we will find a way down here!

Mae

Edited by Mae

• 2 weeks later...

yep I think you are right about the dates but if you look at the VIP lounge on last years web site the dates from last year are still up and there were only 24 nights last year. I think you are counting employee preview.

but I do think you are right on the dates for this year.

now all I have to do is figure out how we are getting down there this year. I think we will try to come down 10 /23 - 31 if I can figure out how to pay for it.

i believe our freinds from the NE will be down there during some of those dates if not all.

One less night than last year! I don't think they would add Halloween the 31st seeing as its a Monday.

In 2012, Halloween is on a Wednesday, however I believe HHN will end on October 28th in 2012. We probably won't see a Halloween at HHN till 2014 when its on a Friday of closing weekend that year, the event would end on November 2nd. Of course, the powers that be could change all this. :)

• 1 month later...

October 27, 28, 29, 30 are my days of choices on going.

• 1 month later...

Dates for HHN 21?

Is this a thread for hooking up?

Oh, the dates of the event, nevermind!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's a good idea though lol

hahahaha, I Believe Someone Already made a Thread for HHN Singles night, lol, a night where all the HHN fanatics get together to go to the houses

• 1 month later...

Traditionally, how bad is the Wednesday and Sunday of "Hell Week"?

Even if Sunday isn't that crowded are the scareactors as into it after 4 days of torture?

Certainly not all of them, as it has got to be physically debilitating after that length of time, but there are many who seem to grow more...energetic. Or creative. Or both. I suppose the exhaustion can lower those 'normal' filters and make a scareactor a little less conservative.

In fact, last year's Havoc was (IMHO) the best of the whole run that Sunday. It was downright dangerous.

Mae

• 3 weeks later...

From HHNRumors.com:

According to what appears to be an official press release given to OnlineFlorida.co.uk, we can confirm 25 nights for this year's event. The dates are posted below. The release also notes the name of the event as Halloween Horror Nights XXI.

"Combo Ticket Admission (includes Day and Event admission):

2-Park Bonus with Halloween Horror Nights® Combo Ticket. The 2-Park Bonus with Halloween Horror Nights® Combo Ticket entitles one guest admission to Universal Studios Florida®, Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and Universal CityWalk® on all days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used.

This ticket also includes admission to HHN during the following 2011 Event Dates which fall within the fourteen (14) consecutive day period: September 23, 29, 30 October 2, 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 16, 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 30, or 31. Not valid for any Saturday HHN Events Dates: September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, or 29. "

Also, it appears that Universal has returned to Wild Indigo for their TV spot. Hopefully this means the return of Dean Karr.

They go on to link to story itself:

http://www.onlineflorida.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?PI=703